Does ANYONE know any way to train a dog NOT to bark constantly?
We had a severe tornado in the small town 3 miles North of us (July 8th, 1999) and our friends house got hit. They have a 6 yr old Dalmation "Pepper" who came to stay with us until their new house was being built.
Well, she is still with us and will be leaving probably the end of this month. I have been trying to find a humane way to keep her from barking constantly. she has been really terrible the last few weeks and i am so scared of her moving back into town and doing this and all the neighbors complaining. if there is too many complaints, Pepper will either have to be put down or found a new home (which is not going to be easy in this area because there is always ads in the papers around here for "Free Dalmatians". i will not be able to take her back. i have 4 dogs of my own and i hate having an outside dog, especially in the Winter.(I did try her in the house when i first got her, thinking if i could house train her, it would be better but my Alpha dog did NOT like the idea and there have been a couple of fights between them).
We have tried the spray bottle, which seemed to work for awhile. it doens't help to tell her to be quiet, she is hard of hearing.
Does ANYONE know of any solutions that might work for Pepper. she is a nice dog and i wish she could have started out to be a house dog. she is a people dog and loves to be with anyone who will rub her ears.