My cats eat ENTIRELY too much. I've got two indoors, two outdoors, and one indoor/outdoor. The ones outside seem to be doing fine, and while they eat quickly at mealtimes, they're happy and fat, and have no problems.

My problem is my little indoor piggies! They're going through entirely too much food, considering up until now I've pretty much been free feeding them.

I need to put them on a diet, because both are starting to gain a lot of weight. I just switched to Pro Plan indoor ($27 per 18 lb bag... whew! That's no science diet, but it's a shock from $10 per bag!) How much do I need to make sure they get? They're pretty active (play together a LOT, roughhousing and zooming), so I don't want to underfeed and leave them hungry, but I'm tired of the enormous amounts of food they're eating. I know they'll eat less on the good stuff, but I still want to make sure that I give them the right amount. The small one is 4 1/2 pounds (and growing), the larger is 9 lbs (and growing >_<).

The old one (indoor/outdoor, 16 YO) eats as much as he wants, when he wants, and gets wet food treats. Considering his age, I want him to stay fat, spoiled, and happy.