When I first posted about baby Heather, my recently acquired bottle baby, Willie (trayi52) immediately PMd me saying that she would love to adopt Heather. At first I told her that I was going to wait, but she would be first choice. Well, with the recent sadness that Willie has experienced (the loss of her beloved dog Dana) I thought that maybe she would like to have a bottle baby.

I contacted Willie, and she said that she would love to have bottle baby Heather now. I explained that she had been having some diarrhea, but I thought she was "ok" for now ... but would need a vet visit soon. We made arrangements to each drive just over an hour and meet in Columbia, TN. When we met ... it was so wonderful to see eachother in person, exchanged big happy hugs, and I met her precious grandson, Dakota! I was so happy ... and had hubby take a few pics.

I told Willie that little Heather seemed weaker today and she said she would take her to her vet. Well, she took her right away ... but unfortunately baby Heather passed away at her home only a couple of hours later.

When Willie called me on the phone just a few minutes ago, I could not believe that Heather had passed away. She declined so quickly, and I just cannot believe that this all happened. I feel so horrible for even taking her to Willie. My whole thought was to make her feel better, for her to have a tiny one to bond with, and instead she had her a couple of hours and had to watch her die. I would have taken her to the vets when I first got her, but the lady misled me .... said she had taken Heather to her vet, and they said she looked fine. Well day before yesterday, I spoke with that woman and asked her exactly what had the vet done. That is when she told me that she hadn't "actually" taken Heather to her vet, she let her friend / vet-tech look at her! So, meanwhile, I am just feeding her KMR and thinking she is doing ok. Which to be totally honest, she was full of energy, even was trying to climb out of the box on the road trip today. Well, I now feel like a scum bag, and Willie .... again, I am so very sorry!!!

I will post the bittersweet photos I took today.
HUGS to you, WIllie .... Rest in Peace Baby Heather.

Pics in next post>>>