Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me please

Thank you all so very much. I went out today and got all the stuff I needed for the Satin Balls. We start on it tomorrow. I can not wait to see them healthy again. Do not want them gaining too much too soon so I will use it as a supplement.
    Thanks again!!!! I am very much obliged for all your help. My boys are trully going to thank you all once they feel better again.

Be sure to show us more pics as they get better and better.
    Gotta Luv a Dobe!

i sure do love mine!! i will keep you all updated. start on the supplement to the food tomorrow.

no problem.. let us know if you still need a help, please. no, they are not my dogs but I worry like they are mine. hopefully they will gain some weights and glad you could take care of them! and welcome! those two dobies too
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Neighbor has same issue

My neighbor has 2 dobies. One of them is also a little under weight. They were both rescues.
    I would suggest adding CANNED dog food to their diet. Canned food has more calories in it. Mix it with the dry. You may want to feed them twice a day and only one having the canned mixture.
    Watch their exercise levels as well and adjust their food amounts on this.
    Good luck! I love dobies!!!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

I also suggest a good looking over by your vet; diabetes? Not trying to scare you at all. I have a friend whose dobie lost a LOT of weight and that is what he was diagnosed with. Take care!!

wow, thats really great of you to rescue them. They do look like they're in poor health, but I'm sure they will be healthy happy dogs soon. . their former abusive owners will get what they deserve someday

Canned food and satin balls are good, make sure you dont give them too much rich high protein food at once because it might be too much for their tummies. Several meals of high quality high protein/fat kibble a day with added meat should be really good for them. Diablo and Demon look like such sweeties, they definitely don't fit their names!!

Also, about living outdoors, Dobies aren't designed for harsh weather at all. They definitely need shelter when outside (access to a secure, ventilated garage would be good), and a large shed or dog house would be ideal too. Is Demon the blue boy? Dilute dogs are more prone to sunburn, also. You might try to keep a door to the house open as much as possible or install a large dog door in the backyard screen door. . just give him time, plenty of treats and praise and encouragement and he'll learn that inside=good! It might be hard for him to trust right now, and normal house noises and sights probably scare him because he isn't used to it all. good luck with them, and please keep us updated

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I have been using the recipe for satin balls. I do not give everyday though. Do not want them to gain too much too fast. I give dog treats as well upon occasion.
    Will keep everyone updated. They do look a bit better since we got them. I just feel sooooooo badly for them. I love them to death.

COLOR=red]Happy mothers day to you all[/COLOR]

I leave the back door open in hopes that Demon (red dobie) will come in. Diablo(black dobie) hates it when he has to go out. lol They do look a bit better. Thanks for the satin balls recipe and all the advice. I can see a shine to their coats again!!!! They itch like crazy though. I have seen flakes when i pet them. anyone know what would be best for dry skin?

I don't quite remember the specific ingredients in Satin Balls, but my thinking is that they're shedding their dead, ugly coat and regrowing their nice, beautiful, shiny coat. Whenever they blow coat, they tend to develop dandruff and irritable skin. Giselle is one of these afflicted dogs. What I do is *temporarily* (I must stress temporary because too much Vitamin A and D is toxic and fatal) augment her diet with *one* capsule of Cod Liver Oil. Even better, you can give a tablespoon or two of Jack Mackerol (I give canned). It really does wonders for the coat. As well, you can use cold pressed olive oil and a chicken egg. After she's done blowing her coat, I stop all supplementation becuase, like I said before, oils should never be given continuously for an extended period of time unless advised by a veterinarian/nutritionist. However, if the Satin Balls include more than a half cup of oil, I wouldn't add any more supplements. Just give them some time to get rid of their dead coat and regrow their new coat. One thing you should focus on weekly is to brush their coat in a circular motion. Take a hound glove or Zoom Groom or curry comb and rub their coat in a circular motion. This will stimulate the skin's natural oils and get rid of all that nasty dandruff and dead hair. After all the dead skin cells and fur rise to the top of the coat, I take a bristle brush and go over her body. Beware: Do this outside!!!! (or have a vaccuum at hand ) Good Luck and I'm so glad that you have given these dogs a new chance at life. You're such an angel