Thread: Professional Photo printing

Professional Photo printing

I have a photo job on the beach for a friend. She wants black and whites of her son on the beach with his surfboard.

My question: Who do you use to print your photos? Do they do a good job (will they be professional enough)? Do they print black and whites? I use www.snapfish.com for my photos...they're cheap and fast...good prints too. But they don't print B&W's.

Any opinions would be great! Thanks!
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

Well...I've ordered from Wal-Mart and they come out great lol. As long as the picture is good, of course. I've got some really nice pictures of Major, but I"ve only got 4x6 so far, so I'm not sure if their quality would be as good for a blown-up picture, but I assume it would.

Wal-Mart prints color, black and white, bordered, and whatever your creative mind can think of. I wrote Major's name on one of the pictures in Adobe Photoshop, and they printed it, no problem. I just go on their website to order, and then pick up at our nearest Wal-Mart.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I also order them through Wal-Mart. They're great quality! My mom recently ordered a 8x10 black and white and a 4x6 black and white and they both turned out great

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

wal-mart prints!

I've been ordering various prints from wal-mart - I swear you'll be surprised with their quality - it's more matt than just glossary. matt prints look more professional, right? plus, they do in an hour! what's more plus?? cheapest with greatest quailty I have seen..they do 4x6 for just 17 cents after you drop in or 19 cents if you order prints through their website, both ways will do them in an hour. YOU get to pick any walmart you want to print for you..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Well, it sounds like Walmart is the winner. I'm going to do some test prints with them this weekend and see how they turn out. Thanks for telling me the 8x10 worked out for you Devan. That is probably the size I'll be printing.

When I go to walmart for prints, they are 29 cents each! I hope online is cheaper...

Off to check www.walmart.com .............

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

On their website in Canada, they're 25 cents each. (4x6)

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Photo Center

hmm..good luck. I'ven't tried 8x10s before but if I'm impressed with 4x6s and especially 5x7s too then I should be with 8x10s too! let us know how you like them!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I just placed a one-hour online order with Walmart that will be read tomorrow morning. Will I need my transaction number and such, or can I just tell them my name when I get there tomorrow

PS - that was too cheap and easy...why didn't I know about this sooner!!

9. I print my own pictures out with a Lexmark printer. its by far not professional printing though.. and let me tell you,, its expensive.. the dang ink thingys cost $20.00 and i like to print big butted pictures(that takes up a whole album page.. or close to it) because i like to see details. but it sucks up the ink even faster...

and.. im out of ink again. LOL
    im going to try and print up smaller pictures next time and see how long it lasts.

I agree . . . walmart is the way to go.

I LOVE B&W photos and have had several enlargements done there and they're always beautiful!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~