Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a house

Buying a house

We just closed on the house about an hour ago. We didn't have to pay any closing costs and even got a check for $209.

The whole thing seemed kind of anti-climactic.

So, we own this big old house now and a mortgage for $200,000.

Anyone else bought a house recently?

Not yet . . . but SOON (hopefully).

We have been looking and looking and looking for a house . . . I think we're being too picky though.

But hopefully, the right one will come along eventually.

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal you got, not having to pay for the closing costs! What was the 209 for?
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Wow, that must be one wonderful house for 200,000. Congrats!

We bought our house a little over 8 years ago, but I remember it well - signing your name so many times you begin to question what it is and how it is spelled ...

Congratulations, a bit of happy news for you!

Congrats!!! How exciting! Now the fun of packing, moving, painting and rennovating begins!

If you lived close, I'd offer to come by and help you paint. I LOVE to paint!

As for buying a house recently, I guess TECHNICALLY you could say we bought our house a month ago -- we refinanced Only 19 years, 11 months and its all ours. LOL

Congrats!!!

We bought our house almost 12 years ago and after refinancing once and buying a point down two years we will have it paid off in about 7 more years ... if we don't sell it first.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by catnapper
    If you lived close, I'd offer to come by and help you paint. I LOVE to paint!
    Ooo! You can paint a cat mural on the wall. Can you lay tile, too? lol

Thanks everyone. I just thought it would feel differently. Maybe it's because we've lived here for the last two years. I'll try to get pics once (if ever) it's clean.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures.

----<---<--<{(@

Congratulations!!!

We bought our first house (this house) 41/2 years ago. We are hoping to move in the next couple years though. Almost daily I look at realtor.com.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Congratulations! You don't sound very excited about it however...? did you like it?
    Geez, I would love to own my own home...I've been renting for years and I'm about done with that phase of my life!!
    Good luck! Enjoy that "new home" feeling!

We bought a house in August of 2004 and it was exciting, however the work involved is a lot. Even though ours was brand new, we still have a yard to upkeep and just maintenance of the house can be a bit much. Overall in the end it's well worth it.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Originally posted by jennifert9
    Congratulations! You don't sound very excited about it however...? did you like it?
    Thank you, and sure I like it.

We've been living here for almost two years. The landlord decided she wanted to sell so she could buy some property in California. We looked at other houses but decided that this was where we wanted to stay.

I guess I wasn't excited because we left home to go to the title company, then came back home two hours later and everything kind of felt the same. We told the kids we own the house now, and they said ok and went to play basketball.

Just another day.

That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!!

My parent's just bought a home...and yes, they're pretty stressed too!! ha ha...they just came home today to a "FOR SALE" sign in their front yard and my mom was shocked that they're really going through with the new one.

Enjoy!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

CONGRATS!!!!

Congrats!
    We bought our house in 99 when we got married and then just in the past few months started thinking about selling because we wanted a house with a pool so we started looking..Then we decided we have so much equity built up, why not just add a pool here..so that is what we are doing..we love our house...and our neighborhood..so it was the logical thing to do..
    So far..the trees have been removed...and the pool/spa is laid out in stakes/orange paint...and they start digging next week..we are really excited..

I am happy for you...hope you post pics when you get moved in!
    Oops..didn't read all the way thru to realize you were already living in it...still like to see pics!