Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyoen ever had a manicure/pedicure?

Has anyone ever had a manicure/pedicure?

I'm getting a mani/pedi today and haven't a clue about what the heck they do. All they told me was that it would take about 1.5 hours and cost about 4600 yen ($45).
    What do I do? WHat do they do? Should I go in wearing sandles? Do they apply nail polish for free? Or would that be extra? Any help would be appreciated I just have to have pretty feet if they're gonna be up in a doctor's face soon while I'm having my baby!!
    Last edited by Sirrahsim; 03-31-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Ooo, only had one pedicure in my life - for my wedding. It was DREAMY. The massage your feet with a scrub, then sand off all the hard icky stuff to make your feet silky smooth. Smother them in rich lotion. They soak your feet in a marvelous bubble bath (all in some order, not sure which) Its just heavenly. Lastly, they put polish on your toes.

I've never had a pedi, but I have a gift certificate for one. I have horribly ticklish feet and I'm so afraid that when the girl starts touching them, that I will kick her!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Missy,

You will love a pedicure. They are wonderful and so are the manicures. Lee Roy treats me to one about once or twice a year. Normally they apply the color at no charge, but I don't know about over in Japan. Let us know how you like it ok? I think you'll feel like you're on cloud nine.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Oh my gosh, i LOVE getting pedicures and manicures. the place i go here will massage your forearms,hands, legs from the knees down, feet and ankles. they will rub off the dry parts on your feet, smooth the nails (BTW the polish is included here) trim them and is it sooo relaxing. you will love this. if you are ticklish, tell her , and she can work around it. geez, i wish i could get one soon...sigh
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

ohhhhhhh this sounds so great Now I'm even more excited!! It's 11:40am now and my appt is at 1pm. How will I ever last until 1??
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Think of the pretty color you'll want on your toes. Have fun.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I love them! Nail polish should be included in the pedicure.

I dont have my nails done since i have long nails myself and give my own manicures..but I have and I love them too, I just think I do better than they do..lol

Yes, yes, yes

There are good manicures and pedicures and bad ones. Ask around. Try to find a place that has a chair that has the foot whirlpool attached. The chair vibrates while the water pulses on your feet. It is heaven. I just has a p/m last week. I usually go twice a year, right before summer and then in the dead of winter.
    Last edited by sasvermont; 05-02-2005 at 02:10 PM.

So how'd it go?

So how was it? I've always wanted to have one but really have a hard time having someone touch my feet. Hope it relaxed you and now your feet will be pretty for the doctor. Yea

I have had a pedicure before and I absolutely loved it! It felt so good. It was very expensive though and I didn't think it was worth that kind of price. If I had that kind of money I would definitely have it done on a regular basis. My feet sure could use it.

I'm curious to know how much everyone pays for their pedicures. Can you let me know?

ohhhh it felt soooo good. I'm came home as relaxed as a wet noodle. It didn't even tickle my feet like I thought it would. It was definately worth it to go even though the HEATER is stuck in the *ON* position and it was 89 and humid today I paid $45 including the tip for the whole mani/pedi combo. I now have cherry red toenails and pale pink fingernails

Sounds wonderful!

If I remember right. I paid $60 dollars just for a pedicure If I could find some place that charged 45 for both the manicure and pedicure. I would definitely be there.....lol.

I usually get a pedicure a couple of times a year - mostly in summer. $45.00 for both is a steal, especially when it includes the tip!!! I pay $40.00 for a pedicure alone, but it's like SAS said, the chair that vibrates with heat, the whirlpool bath for your feet, the massaging...aaaahhh....I've got an appointment tomorrow for my first one of the season and I can't wait!

I never get manicures because....well....I guess basically because I can't be bothered with them. They don't last near as long as pedicures do and it's just such fussing all the time. I prefer my nails short and I do buff them now and then to make them nice and shiny.

Glad you enjoyed it and too funny how you say "I just have to have pretty feet if they're gonna be up in a doctor's face soon."
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl