Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the best breed for me? PLZ READ!

P.S. I have a inside smalll dog thats 2 years old not mine but never had its shots. Do you think she is ok?

Why did she never have her shots! You should take her to a vet right away!

Niņo & Eliza

I would if I had the money but its my moms dog and she want take it. She thinks it will be alright. I have tried to get her to take it.

If the dog has not had her shots, you can guarantee she has parvo. She will start to show symptoms soon, I'd imagine...

If you don't have enough money to take this dog to the vet, I'd recommend saving up money so that you will have enough to care for the next dog you get. Just put some money in a jar every week until you have enough to buy supplies and veterinary care.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    If the dog has not had her shots, you can guarantee she has parvo. She will start to show symptoms soon, I'd imagine...

If you don't have enough money to take this dog to the vet, I'd recommend saving up money so that you will have enough to care for the next dog you get. Just put some money in a jar every week until you have enough to buy supplies and veterinary care.
    I agree.

If you don't have money to get a dog his shots then you can't afford a dog. Even if it is your moms dog, it still lives with you & needs to be taken care of properly.
    This will also give you time to rid your house/yard of parvo. I'd wait at least 6 months before bringing in another dog and even so make sure they have their series of vaccines BEFORE you bring the dog to your home.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I have many puppy and dog supplys if I can just sell some more computers that i build i would get her taken care of ASAP. Umm i hate being a newcomer :S thanks guys. I tried talking to my mom today and she does not want to face the fact that she might have it and was getting mad at me. She claims she read about it and the Vet said as long as shes inside.

Originally posted by ZiNg
    Vet said as long as shes inside.
    The worst thing about parvo is that is does not stay in one spot. If you had touched the dog, it is on your hands. If you walked where the dog walked, it is on your shoes. It's pretty difficult to go about and bleach and torch everything...I would start making a survival plan for that dog.
    I've been BOO'd!