Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your dog wake up early in the morning??

Does your dog wake up early in the morning??

Leika, wakes up between 8 and 9 o'clock in the morning. She starts crying 'cause she has to go potty. I wake up, put my slippers on, my bathrobe and go down the stairs. When I get there she gets crazy and licks my toes and everything, I grab the key, open the back door and go with her. I praise her 'cause she's done poo and pee outside rather than inside and then let her back in, I give her breakfast, pet her and then close the kitchen door and back to bed. What is your daily routine?
    Puppies are a bundle of joy, dogs, are life's happiness.

I just wake up, open the door for the dogs to do their stuff, let um in and feed them. lol

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

No my dog will sleep in as long as I do, which isn't long thanks to the cats! Since they almost sleep 24/7 they are ready to go very early in the morning. It's worse if their food bowls are empty!

Thank goodness we have a doggy door or else Kobie and Eli probably would wake us up TOO early! Usually they both need to go out to do their business around 5-6 am, but then come back in and sleep another couple of hours. Kobie would stay asleep till noon probably (ha--if we humans ever slept that long), but Eli's tummy starts growling and he wants breakfast by about 8 am. He'll actually pull the sheets off of us with his paws when he can't wait any longer!

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

I get up every morning including weekends at 6:30 sharp. Perry wakes up and Daisy would rather sleep, but since Perry is up she gets up to. I put their collars on and then let them outside, they are on a fenced patio. I fix their food, warm it up a little, then they come in and stay with me while I go on the computer. After Don gets up we all go downstairs and have coffee and the pups look for their treats.
    Jackie

Sheba,
    likes to sleep in, she is the last one
    to get up in the mornings.
    Rocky, is my alarm clock and wakes me up about 6:30 a.m.
    I let Rocky outside while sheba sleeps.
    Than about 7:00 a.m. Rocky wants to be fed.
    So I wake up Sheba and feed all the dogs.
    I won't talk about little spoiled Pepper, since she
    has no set schedule.

----<---<--<{(@

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Cookie likes to sleep as long as I do. If I get up at 5am to open the door for the cats, she's awake and waiting upstairs for me with big anxious eyes because I don't want her to run the stairs the whole time (she won't stay with my sleeping husband when I'm not there). Than we go back and she's allowed to cuddle up next to me. In the weekends we sleep like this till about 10.30am, weekdays till 7am. After that she goes out in the garden alone, storming in when she hears me getting my coffee (which means she'll get breakfast after that).
    It would be nice if the cats didn't wake me up with their scratching the carpet in the bedroom (very annoying). When spring starts, they can go in and out of the house when they want through the catdoor, but not in the winter when I want them at home at night.

Louie and I have a routine too, no matter what time I go to bed, we are up at 7:30AM to go potty and eat brkfst...and ONLY Mommy can take him potty he won't go out for his Dad, or Daddy doesn't wake up Kinda like a human kid, huh? ....When only Mommy will do.

During the week, the alarm goes off at 7 a.m. Kia will follow me around the house, during my morning routine, which includes letting her out, and breakfast. On the weekends, she lets me sleep in. But if I'm not up by Noon, she'll whimper and lick my face till I get up and let her out. Most of the time, she'll hurry and go potty and then race me back to the bed.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I usually get up around 4:30 a.m. when the "guys" decide to wake up...unless it's raining. Then they want to sleep in (and so do I ) but work doesn't take a "dogs slept in" as an excuse. Don't have an alarm clock...don't need one. Work knows about my obsession with my dogs and having a sick dog is just as important as others saying they have a sick kid laurie

Early

Gully is on a routine she wants to go outside and eat about 10 minutes to 7 am.

After that she wants to play or sleep with us, whatever we do

I get up pretty early every morning, no later than 9 on the weekends...Duncan is very good about waiting until I get up. He'll jump on the bed and cuddle up close to me. I'll let him out to pee only. Then we'll come in, he'll eat breakfast and then it's either back to bed or we get up and go to the park and play!! Sometimes we disagree, I want to sleep, he wants to play but he usually comes around w/o much fuss. We go #2 on the second walk of the day in the afternoon or during the work week, once in the am and once in the evening. He's amazingly good about it!!!

I hoped my dog would help motivate me in the mornings, not so with Sadie. Neither of us is a morning being. Everyday, even when I sleep in on Saturdays, I have to come back in the room to shake her awake but even then she won't move til she hears the word "outside". She is ridiculously spoiled and I love it .

My dog gets me up usually around 3:00 - 3:30 a.m. It's not so much that she has to go potty, I think she just wakes up then and says to herself, "Hmm, I've been sleeping in this big ole warm bed with my mom for awhile now, it must be time to go play in the yard!" I usually just let her out, flop back in the bed, and then when I here her at the door I let her in, and flop back in bed.

Now, my old guy, Shadow, he'll sleep all night and gets up only when I do at 8:00 a.m.
    Have FUN with your dog today!

I have been very lucky with Misfit. Im home all the time, when i first found her, she wanted out at 5-6am, im sorry, i do not want to wake up before 9.... she has conformed to my habits, she may wake me around 9am to go out, she knocks on the door and whines to come in around 9:30, i usually get to sleep in till 9:30-10, somtimes 11 and noon.... She wakes me up, and gives me about 30 minutes in the morning laying next to me before she decides she wants her morning walk, then there is no stopping her whines, barks, dances and prances.