Thread: I got contacts!

I got contacts!

Oh boy, I'm bubbling over now...I got contacts today! And am glasses free!! YAY!!! Just thought I'd express my happiness! lol They feel so weird right now, but I'm gonna get used to them!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I was thinking of getting some colored contacts. How do they feel?

Well, they were a little difficult to get in, but once I did, they don't feel too bad... They were cool on my eyes at first, and my eyes are kind of dry right now which is normal, and every time I move my eyes, I can feel them shift, though it's nothing big. I like them though, and it sure feels weird to be able to see without something on my face, lol!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Congrats! Now take a picture for us to see.

Did you get colored contacts?

lol, I would take a pic right now, but I've gotta be going since we have a storm brewing up... No, I got clear, disposable contacts, (and am going to get many pairs next week for a year's worth) but I'm happy with them!

Thanks Kay!!

Congrats on getting the contacts. I have had them for about 2 years now, and love them. They don't bother me anymore.

Good Luck with the storm!

Next step . . . LASIK!!!

I wore glasses & contacts for 9 years and then got Lasik . . . I just can't believe I ever wore anything!

Congrats on the contacts though! I remember when I got contacts & didn't have to wear glasses . . . it was great!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Pics, Katie!! hehe, congrats!

Originally posted by christa
    Next step . . . LASIK!!!

I wore glasses & contacts for 9 years and then got Lasik . . . I just can't believe I ever wore anything!

Congrats on the contacts though! I remember when I got contacts & didn't have to wear glasses . . . it was great!
    I'll second this, wore glasses for 15 years, then tried contacts but my astigmatism was too bad to really use them (even with the toric lenses)... so I got lasik and been glasses free for four years

I have wore glasses for so long that I think I would feel naked without them. Is that Lasik surgery very bad? Can you SEE while they are doing it in that eye? I have thought about it but have so many questions.... now I have somebody to ask!!!! How about recovery time, once done, is that IT? How expensive is it, does insurance cover it ect... I want to be EDUCATED on the whole process....PLEASE!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Congrats! A lot of my friends are switching from glasses to contacts, thank goodness I dont need any of them! Good luck with the contacts!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]