Thread: Cat missing for week returns home pierced by arrow, treated

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Cat missing for week returns home pierced by arrow, treated

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3220163

EVANSVILLE, Ind. Sunny Omar was relieved when the stray cat she had been feeding for months finally returned after going missing for nearly a week.

Her relief quickly vanished Thursday morning when she realized the feline had a 20-inch arrow lodged in his body, protruding out of his chest and back.

A sheriff's deputy took the cat, which Omar's 14-month-old daughter had named "Kitty Kitty," to veterinarian Dan Grimm, who found the arrow had missed the cat's heart and all other major organs.

Grimm says the cat wasn'tt bleeding, but the skin around the arrow looked infected. He successfully removed the arrow, and afterward, Kitty Kitty ate food and drank water.

The cat, which continued his recuperation Friday, will remain in Grimm's care for about a month. If no one claims him within seven days, Omar will adopt him.

The Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident. As of Friday evening, donors had put up a reward for information leading to an arrest in the attack.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3224701
    EVANSVILLE, Ind.) -- A stray cat found with a 20-inch arrow protruding from his chest and back has died from complications caused by an infection.

The cat that Sunny Omar had been feeding for months vanished for nearly a week before returning last Thursday, when she saw the arrow. A sheriff's deputy took the cat to a veterinarian, who found the arrow had missed the cat's heart and all other major organs.

Veterinarian Dan Grimm said successfully removed the arrow, and afterward, the cat ate food and drank water.

But the animal died of an overwhelming infection on Saturday, Grimm said.

"The arrow had been in there for three or four days, and the whole left lung was (badly infected)," he said.

Omar said her neighbors never complained about the friendly, gray cat that showed up at her doorstep about five months ago, begging for food.

"I was so shocked" that someone would harm the cat, she said.

The Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident.

~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Oh My God! What some of these babies have to suffer through at the hands of idiots! This is so sad and I HOPE they continue to look for that idiot that did that.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

My poor Ripley suffered something very similar 10 years ago. He was shot in the leg with and arrow and the tip was still inside his leg near his knee. The arrow had entered at the top of his leg near his hip and went down to his knee. The vet discovered the tip when he operated to clean out the wound. We have no idea who did it, why or who pulled the arrow out. He was missing for two days and some how managed to climb over our 5 foot fence and up the deck to get back to us. Poor little guy was so weak he could hardly stand let alone walk.

Needless to say that was the last time Ripley ever went outside and we made a new law that no cat of ours would ever go outside.

I still get mad when I think about it.

From Decker with Love

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    OMG Lori...poor Ripley! I'm glad to hear he recovered from such an awful ordeal, and that he's safely inside now.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I get so stinking mad when I hear or read about things like that. Whoever did that to that poor, defenseless animal, and to whoever did something like that to Jazzcats Ripley will get it back 10 fold....they just won't know when their payback is coming.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Sadly both Tiger,and Orange Blosso,were hurt,so badly,by thugs,that they had,to be put down,Orange Blossoms right leg,was broken,and I think,that he was hit,by a Motorcycle,as there used,to be an idiot,taht thoght,that he was Evel Knievel.And Tigers,mouth,was all smashed,in,and he had his jaw broken,beyond reapir.Those Cats,are the main reason,that the Found Cats,except Nugget,dont get out,at all!

Last edited by catmandu; 04-22-2005 at 11:37 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS