View Poll Results: Should they clone thylacines??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

16 48.48%
  • no

10 30.30%
  • i don't know

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloning Thylacines?

Cloning Thylacines?

ok, do you guys think this is a good idea? I think it is ALL THE WAY! I have been following this for quite a while. The thylacine/Tasmanian Tiger/wolf has though to be extinct since the 1930s, but there have been thousands of sightings still mostly in western australia. Here is Benjamin, the last one(?) (for now)

Niņo & Eliza

Sure why not. Of course it is probably the natural predator to many threatened species.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I dont know....Cloning isn't my preferred way to perpetuate a species. I just think there should be more research into the potential health problems that can aflict animal(s) that are cloned and whether or not they can *naturally* repoduce. Dolly didn't live very long, did she? I think it was seven years?

well i live in tasmania so i think it's a good idea if they do clone it. i think it would be grate to see them in the wild.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

http://www.naturalworlds.org/thylaci.../cloning_1.htm
    here is a cite that explains it in more detail. The reason why I am all for it is that they were actually paying peole to kill them, ending up in a mass slaughter, making them endangered and then extihnct very quickly. Also, the logging industry is a very big thing in Tasmania, I hear, which is taking away their natural environment! Kristian, do you think there are some still living in Tasmania or Western Australia?

Niņo & Eliza

I say bring 'em back. While they're at it, bring back the Dodo too.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

Originally posted by Suki Wingy

Kristian, do you think there are some still living in Tasmania or Western Australia?
    well i don't think that there are any still living, but i heard on the new a few weeks ago that some person from vistoria that was on holiday in tasmania had spoted one and also claimed that he had taken pictures of it. i don't know if this is true and i haven't heard anything else about it, but if i do i will inform you.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

ok, cool. I think it is so that you live in Tasmania, I have never wanted to live in the US, ever!

Niņo & Eliza

September 7th is National Thylacine day! That is the day in 1936 that Benjamin, the last thylacine died at Hobart Zoo, Tasmania.

I am usually against cloning. But I think it's a good idea when it comes to saving animals from extinction. Neat question.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

I'm not sure. Cloning I don't think should be done cuz it's not natural and just uhh... hard to explain. But if it saves animals...like I said I dun know. If they were meant to become extinct, we should probably just leave them to be.

~ Highschool rox ur socks!! Highschool is so amazing and I love it. Hi to everyone on Pet Talk, I know I have not been on for a while, I'm just busy. All of you here that I know rock! Keep up being friendly, posting on Pet Talk and havin fun. Buddy sends kisses. ~

i have mixed feelings about this.. i dont think people should play god. by cloning a person, or animal.. i dont really agree with it... althought it was the human that did kill off the species, so i am torn..

it would be nice if they were still around.. it is illegal to kill the devel now and for good reason, they were all forced to move from AUS to the island of Tasmania because of the Dingo population...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I'm not a fan of this. I believe God should be the only that create any type of creature. so I had to push no.

that's just too creepy

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

The thing is, the government basically payed people to make them extinct.

Niņo & Eliza