Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My poor little boy and his allergies... =(

My poor little boy and his allergies... =(

I feel so bad for my wittle boy. He has such bad allergies. He has a yeast infection in all paws, and that means he's missing hair in between his paw pads and a bit up the back of his arm. (This skin is red and a bit bumpy.) He is on pills for this.

He also has thyroid. He is also on pills for this. This means that the skin around his thigh area is a light-purpleish color. He also has some hair missing around *right under his tail.*

His allergies are causing him to have ear problems. The inside of his ear is red and dried out, and runny. It hurts him a lot. This is for both ears. When we took him to the vet today, the vet perscribed us Oti•clens and Pantalog. I gave him some of this last night, too. You pour some Oti•clens on a cotton pad and clean his ear out. Poor little boy was crying when I rubbed it around last night.. I felt so bad that I gave him a milkbone. (not always smart with Zeus.. it's like giving caffine to a kid at night! It was worth it though. What a trooper.) You then fill his ears with the pantalog and rub it around. He liked this part- I guess it was soothing. It is already starting to look better.

He also has a wrinkle problem. He has some grey smeary stuff in between his main wrinkle, over his nose. It's really gross. And this is ALL because of his stupid allergies. The vet cleaned it out for us and told us to put pantalog in this, too.

When we changed his food quite a while ago, it really helped with his allergies, although you couldn't visually see much improvement.

We also gave him benadryl this morning so his paws wouldn't itch. It helped a lot, and the vet gave him a cortizone shot which took down most of the swelling.

Thanks for listening, maybe this was a pointless thread, but I feel so bad for my little man... what a good dog.

Poor Zeusy.

Hugs to that adorable boy.

Awww Zeus get better little man.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Aww, poor Zeus, I hope all of the medicine helps to make him feel better real soon.

Poor Zeus. I hope he feels better soon. Bitsy has allergy problems too, they are no fun.
    I know Pantalog well, I've used it many many times. It's awesome stuff, I'm sure it will help him.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Oh poor little guy, I feel so bad for him I hope he's feeling better very, very soon.

Hugs to Zeus.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Poor Zeus. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Originally posted by KBlaix

I know Pantalog well, I've used it many many times. It's awesome stuff, I'm sure it will help him.
    Yes, it is our family's life saver!

thanks, everyone. He's happily asleep under my desk at the moment.

Hope Zeus gets better real quick mate. I know how uncomfortable ear problems are as Oggy has had a few.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

poor ZEUSY, make sure you give him tons of soggy kisses from
    us........oh, and don't forget the benydryl....we all live on that
    stuff.....i don't know what pantalog is.......but hey! if it works...
    i'll give my baby anything if makes him feel better.......

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

I hope Zeus gets feeling better real soon so that he can get off some of that medicine.

Aww that's no good. Poor Zeus. I hope his allergies get better. Is there something specific that he is allergic to?
    I've been BOO'd!

I hope our poor little puggy boy is feeling better soon! This a hard time of year for allergies. Dusty suffers from them too.

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Is there something specific that he is allergic to?
    Well, we're not completely sure, but changing his food has helped. Lots of pugs are allergic to the commonly added poultry (not including duck), ocean fish, dairy (I think..) and some others. We switched to Natural Balance Duck & potato hard & canned food. It's perfect for picky eaters like Muffin and perfect to extremely allergy-prone dogs like Zeus. Last night, we were actually wondering if he might be allergic to peanut butter. It would completely make sense, as he gets his thyroid pill with it 2 times a day!

Zeus - Dis is Chloe! You need to feel wots better so we can pway again, otay? I miss seein' ya! Feel betters!

Give Zeus a hug for me Devon! Poor little guy must feel awful! I know I do with my allergies and I don't have it near as bad...hopefully the vet has found the right concoction!
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day