Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep on bed?

Sleep on bed?

Often? How about ALL THE TIME. Three cats (all on my side, thank you very much).

Every night all of my animals sleep on the bed (except the fish!!!!). Reece likes under the covers between my legs. Lolly changes positions from the foot of the bed to at my side. And Shiloh either sleeps at the foot of the bed or on my chest or side.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Shiloh sleeps at my feet and Killian usually has guard duty throughout the house, so he sleeps on my floor or my son's bed. However, sometimes he hops in bed, too. It gets very crowded with two 100+ pound dogs!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I've always slept with my dogs on the bed, but never had quite a Big Bed sleeper like Tucker. He is an under the covers, up close and personal kind of dog. I have never been able to fall asleep close and touching any body, but with Tucker our routine has been honed to perfection. At bedtime, he is under the covers and cradled in my arm for 15 - 20 minutes, when he starts getting hot and I'm about ready to toss a bit to get to sleep. So he jumps out to his dog bed (right next to my side of the bed). After several hours and the house cools off a little and I am sleeping, he shakes himself a bit to wake me up, and I hold up the covers for him and we fall back to sleep all snuggled up together either back to back or like spoons and spend the rest of the night that way.

Well everybody knows I sleep with Daisy, first we have to play "throw the nightnight red rabbit off the bed so I can go catch it"
    next she cuddles at the foot of the bed, then she comes up on her pillow, then I pull her down under the covers with her head on the pillow, we take off her collar so she is more comfortable and she goes to sleep with her butt against me and that's about the way we sleep, sometimes I like to hold her paw and that's o.k.
    Jackie

zoey doesn't like sleeping on the bed. everytime i put her on my bed she'll jump off

Somehow I feel this question is backwards. It should be "does your pet allow You to sleep on the bed with them?" Sometimes convincing Rascal he must share the bed is a challenge.

I have so many fond memories of Mr. Magic (Rainbow Bridge). He was a stray that insisted he was going to live with me. It didn't take much to convince me. the very first night that I put him on the bed, he was tentative about it. But when I turned out the light he was frightened. My guess is that he had always been an outdoor stray and if you think about it, the sun doesn't just "go out". I quickly turned the light back on and reassured him. That only made me love him more.

Last night was great! I got to sleep with 3 dogs and a cat! Woody (my foster) had to sleep in his crate but I have another shelter dog here because she's too scared for the kennel. She's a sweet girl and slept on my chest. Lolly slept under one of my arms, Shiloh under the other, and Reece on my legs. Ahhh, it was heaven
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Bella sleeps in the bed with me too. My hubby often snores so I have to make a midnight trek over to my daughter's old bedroom to get peace and quiet. Bella always follows me and we wind up sleeping in a twin bed while hubby has the queen bed all to himself. She usually sleeps in the curve of my body, like a spoon, and her head is often on the pillow. I have gotten accustomed to kissing the top of her little head in the dark if I wake up in the middle of the night. A few nights ago I got all ready to give her a big kiss and found that her feet were where her head usually is!

Duncan sleeps in the bed, of course! I don't have a very big bed though and I have a very big dog!! When I say "Bedtime" it's usually a race to the bed and whoever gets there first, gets the good pillow on the good side of the bed!! Needless to say, he ALWAYS wins but after a few minutes, he'll move over for me! When he wants me to get up, he'll jump on the bed, off the bed, on the bed, off the bed....Quicker and much more annoying than an alarm clock! Try hitting snooze on a yr old dog who can't wait to get up and face the day!!

11. Edwina say..."You mean there is someplace else I should be sleeping?" She will stand on the floor at the foot of the bed and look at one or both of us quite expectantly..."Get in bed already!" Smack up against me so tight that with her on one side and my husband on the other there are times I can't move. When my husband's nocturnal noises make sleep impossible, like Pam I sometimes retreat to another room. I know within minutes a gray kitty will be smack up against me so get comfortable fast!

Former User Guest
    Not anymore... Casper kept us awake by snoring, not my hobby-to-be
    Now they (C&K that is) sleep in the bathroom and we're all happy. Everybody gets to sleep longer and Casper and Kitty love it in the sink. We put them a little matress there and they love it.

Sadie loves the bed and thinks the only reason I'm there is to warm it up for her and put the covers over her. If she gets uncovered in the middle of the night she taps her paw on my shoulder and I dutifully lift the covers for her.

Sadie has her own bed, which is right next to my bed, and sometimes I let her sleep on my bed, with me!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

how can i get zoey to sleep on the bed with me?she likes to jump on my bed in the morning to wake me up but doesn't like to sleep on it.i have tried putting her on my bed but she jumps right off. i have even tried waiting till she has been sleeping for quite a while before carrying her and putting her on my bed.she'll be lying still for a few minutes then she'll get up and jump off.