Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cravings for pop

Cravings for pop

i'm really addicted to pop.especially Sprite.i have a pop almost everyday!i have cravings for it all the time.i'm really trying to get away from it,but i cravings for it all the time
    anyone have any ideas how to stop the cravings??

2. Don't give in, and drink water!

Mmmmm.....gingerale!!!

Maybe stop buying pop. Then when you are at home you won't be able to get it.

Abby

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

I lOVE PEPSI!! !I dont know why, its brown liquid with fizz that like burns your throat!! It most likly the caffine, but I try to buy frutopia and minute maid in a can, so its like still opening a can, just a different drink
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
    I lOVE PEPSI!!!
    So do I!!

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

The longer you go without it, the easier it becomes. You just have to be tough and quit cold turkey.

I don't love it but I drink a mountain dew every day. I wish I could go off it as I think I'm developing stomach problems from it, but I'm on it for the caffiene. I have chronic, hereditary migrains and I can have a choice of either medicine daily or caffine, both work just as good, but I have to have one or the other everyday. Should switch to some other form of caffiene I guess but "soda" is the easiest. Pop? What's pop? We don't have that in these parts.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I used to drink Mello Yello, Mountain Dew, and other light colored sodas all the time. Although probably not as bad as Coke and Pepsi's, someone once referred to them as "carbonated syrup".. It somehow made me feel disgusted in them, most of the time. Just the thought of chugging down a bottle of syrup instead of a soda everytime I drank one.

I also started drinking water more and more, which now I feel weird not drinking a lot of water in the day. I feel a lot better than I did when drinking sodas.

Pepsi, Coke, and other dark sodas have always been gross to me, unless really watered down. With the exception of a root beer every now and then.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Do what I did - go cold turkey, but give yourself a reason and reward.

When I gave up sodas, I was drinking WAAAYYY too much, about 6-12 cans a DAY. I gave it up for lent one year, and when I saw how much weight I lost, I never took another sip. that was nearly ten years ago. I really can't remeber what Coke or Pepsi tastes like anymore. I only drink SPrite or Gingerale when sick to help ease my upset tummy. And I have to be REALLY sick in order to break my no soda rule.

Now, recently I gave up drinking sweetened tea. No caned, no bottled, nothing prepackaged. I can drink it so long as I brew the tea mysef and add the littlest hint of sugar. I made this deal with myself and gave myself a goal and reward. I am doing well, and its only been since right befroe Christmas I did that, and again, I've managed to loose 20 pounds just by sropping the suagry tea from my daily drinks.

No I only drink water, hot tea or iced tea I brewed myself. It far from boring too! There are so many teas out there for flavoring!

I don't know how to stop it but I'm really adicted to it too. especially diet lime coke.

Niņo & Eliza

at least it's pop and not something worse. Only one a day really isn't too bad.

You are in Texas and you say "pop"? Its COKE in these part..all of em..coke/pepsi/moutain dew...they are all COKE..lol
    Its a Southern Thang

lol when i first moved here,people call all pop 'coke'.it still bugs me alot. lol.
    I love drinking water.i buy a drink at school everyday and i just started staying away from a pop machines,and i get water or cranberry juice.starting tomorrow,no more pop!! hopefully i can stick to it.

guess what?

Originally posted by Suki Wingy
    I don't know how to stop it but I'm really adicted to it too. especially diet lime coke.
    Suki wingy, I'm drinking a lime diet coke right now! Because I'm diabetic, diet pop is all I can drink.

I've never been a huge pop drinker, I very rarely drink it. My Mom always tried to keep me away from the stuff when I was little and told me it would rot my teeth which kept me away from it! I do like Sprite though... but I only have it once or twice a month, as a treat.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*