Thread: Before I worry...

Before I worry...

I want to know if I should!

On Saturday, Grant dropped a bottle of mayonaise and immediately cleaned it up. We thought we got evryting before anyone (humans or animals) could come in contact with the glass and hurt themselves.

Today while scooping the litterbox, I noticed GLASS on one of the poops. I have no idea WHO it was. No blood in the stool, only this small shard of glass. Luckily, it didn't seems like a sharp, or piercing piece of glass... just a smallish rounded off piece of glass. but it WAS glass (not that I touched it to verify the fact.. I've seen enough glass in my life to know what glass looks like)

Everyone is acting normal. Pouncer, Harry and Abby have been tearing through the house today likeTazmanian devils. Allen begged to go outside, so I sat on the steps while he rolled around on the concrete patio like a little kitten. We came back in and he's been sunning himself in the office window all afternoon - which is great because this is the first time in weeks he's been spending time in the same room as me (too many chin cleanings - the boy hates me now ) Nobody seems quieter than usual.

So before I panic and watch poop for the next week - before I drvie myself inssane figuring out who ate the glass --- do you think there is ANYTHING to worry about?

i dont think you should worry too much but keep checking the poo every once in a while to make sure none of it is bloody other than that if it was a rounded piece of glass it mighta just floated on through the body and not hurt anything just check the poo and if any of it looks bloody call the vet

Umm, I'm not sure. I would freak out and watch every single animal in the house. Maybe you could just watch for it for the next day or so. Just to see if there is anymore glass in their "droppings".

I hope you can get better advice on here.

Originally posted by sarifish
    i dont think you should worry too much but keep checking the poo every once in a while to make sure none of it is bloody other than that if it was a rounded piece of glass it mighta just floated on through the body and not hurt anything just check the poo and if any of it looks bloody call the vet
    and also if you see anymore glass in the poo call the vet i used to work for a vet and we didnt really have alot of cats with glass in them but those would be the signs that tell you you need to take ur cats to the vet to get checked so dont worry toooo much just keep a good watch

Wow CN! Gee, I would be freaking out like crazy but the thing to do is to watch for blood in the stool, then you'd have to pinpoint WHO it was.. Will be keeping fingers and paws crossed here for you..

When Rie-Ries Annie swollowed that sewing needle she passed it in about 2 or 3 days with no signs of any problems other than being extreemly upset that she was at the kitty hosptial without her Mommie. The whole ordeal was far harder on Rie than Annie.

LESSON LEARNED... Clean and clean and clean some more when glass is broken if there are cats in the house!

(we do these lesson learned things at work when something happens, hoping everyone else will learn before THEY do it)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Kitties will eat ANYTHING, won't they!!!

Glad you didn't see blood . . . I would think that blood would be an indicator that there may be some problem.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Wow, I think I would freak out but if you see no blood and everyone is acting 100% normal I think I would just wait and see.

When I was little my sister's poodle swallowed a sewing needle. It got lodged in his throat sideways and within a few hours it was obvious something was wrong with him. The vet removed it and he was okay, anyway, my point is I think if the glass caused any damage you would probably know pretty soon so keep a close eye on them. Fingers and paws crossed here that everyone is okay.

From Decker with Love

It sounds like it passed through without any problems, and I highly doubt that whoever it was ate more than one piece. So, I would just be on the watch out, but not panic!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

The Found Cats,are praying,that none,of Your Cats,got any Glass,in thier Mayo,we dont want,Our Cat Friends,to be injured!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Another lessoned learned... Buy plastic
    It sounds like things are under control. I'd just watch things when you scoop.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

nah, I don't think you should worry - at least one CAME out - I remember my cat, Miles - ate a WHOLE plastic mouse (including furries, cloth eyes and tail) with a bell inside - I freaked out that it'd block his bowel movements - took him to vet next day, asked what to do next. my YEARS vet... chuckled ( ) and said "it's very common and they USUALLY come out, RARE to have surgery to remove it out"-- I also think you shouldn't really worry because if it were this glass that cutted an organ inside your cat, the hole may heal itself, and/or TAKES years to show symptoms finally. you don't have time worrying for that

can you imagine every feral eats sticks, something metals, steels, glasses, stones, pebbles, can poppers, etc etc and we still take these survivers in!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Sounds scary, but don't panic. Just be on the look out for problems for a while, just to be safe.