View Poll Results: which do you feed your dogs?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

9 18.00%
  • Kibble

25 50.00%
  • A mixture of both Raw and Kibble

14 28.00%
  • other(please specify)

2 4.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw or Kibble?

Raw or Kibble?

Do you feed your dogs Raw or kibble? I tried Raw, but I didn't understand as much as I thought I did. So I didn't do it very long. I feed a high quality kibble right now, but with all the recall scares I'm really doing my research to feed raw.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I have Chester on a raw diet.

RAW!
    I did months of research before I switched to raw and now there is no way I'd ever feed kibble again (the dogs really love it too!).

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Kibble as I'm afraid Niņo wouldn't get a propper nutrition on raw because I wouldn't feed the right ballance.

Niņo & Eliza

Kibble at the moment. My mom agreed though, that if I do reserch and read up really well on it I can switch Zoey to raw.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Raw. thogh I do own kibble, we only feed it if we are really strapped for time, were both sick, or were both completly exhausted(last night for example, I left the house and 9:30am and did not get home again till 9:30PM, I work on my feet all day for 8 hours then had to go immediently to the retriever class which was 2 hours I simpley did not have the energy left to prepare a homemade meal for 7 dogs lol)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

A mixture of Innova EVO Red Meat and raw.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

We feed kibble (California Natural & Orijen). I tried Tango on raw last year for a few months, but it wasn't going as well as I'd like for it to, so I stopped. I'm going to try again this year though sometime soon, as I feel it's the best I can give to her.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Both..sometimes in the same meal, more often they get raw one day, kibble the next. They eat more kibble in the summer as it's easier. I have four freezers for dog meat, but it costs a fortune to run them all summer!

If anyone thinks that 'human grade' or just plain human food is safe, think again.

fda.gov alerts/recalls

USDA recalls

USDA recall list 2006

Just check to see how many human foods are listed for this year alone.

Unless a person raises their own grain, to feed their own cattle, and slaughters their own cattle, processes their own cattle, there is NO SUCH THING as perfectly safe anything in the food chain. And even if someone could feasably do all that, you still don't know what's in the air/soil/water you use to plant the grain in or the cattle grazes on.

It's impossible for every stage of food developement to test every batch for every possible contaminant there is. Assuming it could even be done the food would be so expensive that only the very rich could afford to actually eat.

The best you can do is stick with name brand products, handle/store/cook food properly and do not use any product that doesn't look/smell normal. Otherwise it's just hope for the best.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I feed kibble, but I think I'd feed raw if I had the means to properly store and prepare it. Frankie did great on the Natural Balance venison and brown rice, but it was recalled and I haven't found a kibble that she can tolerate since. I thought the Solid Gold was going well, but her coat is really dull right now and she's itchy as well as having not so solid you know what.

For now it's kibble though.

I can't wait to move to the country! I know it'll be hard work, but i KNOW it'll be worth it.

We just got done having to throw out a batch of (store bought) chicken because it tasted really nasty. No amount of yummy seasonings or sauce could hide the nasty flavor of the meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    If anyone thinks that 'human grade' or just plain human food is safe, think again.

Just check to see how many human foods are listed for this year alone.

Unless a person raises their own grain, to feed their own cattle, and slaughters their own cattle, processes their own cattle, there is NO SUCH THING as perfectly safe anything in the food chain. And even if someone could feasably do all that, you still don't know what's in the air/soil/water you use to plant the grain in or the cattle grazes on.

It's impossible for every stage of food developement to test every batch for every possible contaminant there is. Assuming it could even be done the food would be so expensive that only the very rich could afford to actually eat.

The best you can do is stick with name brand products, handle/store/cook food properly and do not use any product that doesn't look/smell normal. Otherwise it's just hope for the best.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I feed raw. I say feed whatever you're comfortable with and what your dog does well on. For us, it's raw.. it's cheaper, my dogs enjoy it more and they're the healthiest they've ever been.

I also have Innova on hand for when I'm gone and need someone else to feed the dogs.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

RAW, the dogs like it much better than the commercial stuff. The only dry food i am happy to feed occasionally is Eagle Pack.

A mixture of raw and Canidae. I missbeing 100% raw but I haven't got the energy for it right now.

Thank you Wolf_Q!