Thread: Sooty is going to the vet tomorrow

Sooty is going to the vet tomorrow

As many of you know my baby Sooty has a cancerous growth on her face and we decided not to put her through the ordeal of an operation as this would involve her loosing half her face.

Well she has lived with this since last October, but the growth has been slowly getting bigger. It has got to the stage now where it is affecting her eating. For the last week she has only been eating small hard treats, the soft cat food seems to get stuck in her mouth and this irritates her. She also has two sores on her face that have started to bleed slightly where she has been scratching at it. Also she keeps pawing at her mouth and getting really frustrated with it, and I am afraid she is going choke. I can feel and see the growth just below her eye and also now in her jaw, so she cannot open her mouth very well anymore.

We are taking her to the vets tomorrow so that they can have a look in her mouth and just to see if there is anything more we can do for her. I think I know what they are going to say. I just need it confirmed. I cannot watch her pawing and struggling with her mouth any longer, it's heartbraking and not fair on her. We will discuss and make any necessary arrangements for her to be PTS at home. Then we will bury her in our garden by the cat run.

In my heart of hearts I know that it's time and that she does not deserve to suffer any longer. It's going to be so hard, as she is mine and my partners little baby, she has always been top cat and is always ready to give cuddles and kisses.

Well I must go know as I can hardly see to type through my tears. I will let you all know what happens.

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Sooty. I know you must be heartbroken right now. I am sending hugs to you and Sooty. You'll be in my thoughts.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

I am terribly sad to read your thread , and I wish there was something I could say to comfort you, I know the time ahead will be so difficult and my heart goes out to both you and your parnter.

Tell Sooty, my lil boy Sooti, is waiting at RB to greet kitty and will show kitty the ropes, so not to be scared..

Bless you all , hugs to you and dear wee Sooty.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It is never easy to let go of those we love and I know you are heartbroken just having to think about facing this. The important thing is that Sooty does not suffer.

You will find some peace in knowing that she will cross over KNOWING she was loved here and had a good life with you.

You and Sooty will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

We are praying,for Poor Sooty.Karina Angel,is coming,to help comfort Sooty,and I know,that you will do,what is best,for Your Cat!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry about your little Sooty.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so, so sorry. Maybe the vet will come up with something that will make her comfortable for a little while longer. I know exactly what you're going through because I was preparing myself for the same thing with Tubby the first time, but fortunately the vet said he was "salvageable." The second time I wasn't quite so lucky. Hopefully Sooty will be "salvageable" for a little while longer, but in the meantime, give her all the extra love and comfort you can, which will also help to comfort you.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I am so sorry about your Sooty. I understand how painful it is for you to watch her struggle. Hold her tight and love her well and know that you show how much she is loved by not letting her suffer. She has been a lucky kitty to have had you love her and vice versa.

Denyce

I am so sorry to hear this. She will be in my prayers.