Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Telling us more about you(making friends)

My name is Rhi and i will be 24 years old this coming October. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 Cat and 1 foster Cat. I compete and train the dogs in various sports so we travel all over the country (Australia).

I have a great group of friends and no longer find it daunting to meet new people .

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    My name is Rhi and i will be 24 years old this coming October. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 Cat and 1 foster Cat. I compete and train the dogs in various sports so we travel all over the country (Australia).

I have a great group of friends and no longer find it daunting to meet new people .
    Did you get to Sydney and the show this year Rhi?

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Did you get to Sydney and the show this year Rhi?
    Unfortunatly not, we only had 3 dogs willing to go for Flyball and needed atleast another 2 . Next year we will be there, i am already "conning" people . No Victorian dogs travelled up for Flyball this year .

Originally posted by Oggyflute
    and also have a fondness for fine wine.
    Some of the best wines I have ever had were Australian. Of course, don't ask me what they were, we have a few friends that pic out the great ones for us when we go out. I just know I didn't like red wine until one that came from Australia.

I'm Amy and Ralph (SadiesDad) and I have been married for 4 1/2 years. we are owned by 3 mutts, Sadie a 4 1/2 yr old Lab/Dal mix; Cincy a 3 1/2 yr old lab mix and Spot a 4 1/2 yr old dal/lab mix. They are all registered therapy dogs, and keep us busy with their social lives

I work as a technical reviewer for the chemistry department of a company that tests medical devices. We do things like put stoppers or tubing through heat tests and exposre to certain solvents (water, isopropyl alcohol) to make sure when they are used there is nothing bad that will come out of them and intefere with the medicine.

Other then my dogs, my hobbies include reading, softball, and dance. I think I'm also going to try to go back 15 years in time, and start palying soccer again this spring. Could be scary!

my name is Shayna, I am 17 years old, will be 18 in october, and I am in grade 12. I have been a highland dancer for 7 years now, even though I have bad knees and a bad back(dont ask lol) I want to be something that involves dogs, like a groomer, or trainer or both lol I also plan to be a working border collie breeder, and I fully intend to rescue BCs as well. I am personally owned by 2 Border Collies, 6 guinea pigs, 5 gerbils, 1 Rabbit, and 1 Betta. but I live with my mom who has 3 dogs, 4 guinea pigs, and 3-4 sword tails. I do flyball, frisbee and agility with my girls so far and plan to get into shutzand with Happy and will be getting into Herding with Misty.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Hi. My name is Tasha, I'm 24, like long walks on the beach.....

Oh wait that's a different forum! j/k

Ok so I have a weird sense of humor.

Well my name really is Tasha and I really am 24. I work at a dog groomer, have been there for 4 years. I'll probably be there forever 'cause I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
    I also do a lot of pet-sitting. I like it 'cause it gets me away from home.

I like to compete in obedience with my dogs, but I'm too lazy to train them for the next level of obedience. One day we will get there though.

I like to play indoor soccer during the winter. Lots of fun. My team is trying to get me to play regular outdoor soccer with them, but it bores me too much. Not as fast paced as indoor.

That's pretty much all there is to know about me.

*Thanks Ashley*

Re: Re: Telling us more about you(making friends)

Originally posted by Karen
    There should be a name for that. I know your "Golden Birthday" is when you turn the age of your birthdate, so you would have had yours when you turned 5. I didn;t find that out until after I had mine, but my friend turned 20 on September 20 of the year 2,000, which was pretty darned neat, too!
    How funny, hubby and I were just saying how cool it was that our "trio" sibling kitties ... Harper, Hallie and Smokey will be FIVE years old this 5/5/05!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Hi, Kate!

I'm Crystal and I'm 27 and married with one child and i have 2 rabbits Cotton and Katie...

You haven't seen me around because I have been away for awhile but I am back now...i am a very shy person with not a whole lot to say....maybe if I would post more I could make some really good friends but like I said before I am very shy
    Katiesmom(Crystal)

I'm known in this world as "Judy" and I'm 22 yrs. old. I had a birthday just like yours in 2003...

03/03/03 - I turned 20...very cool to meet someone else like that.

I am a "mommy" to three pups + one more coming this Saturday - Chloe, Sahara, Venus, and ___?___ (not sure his/her name yet). So, in total I will have 2 great danes, a dobie, and a Pap-X. We also have a budgie (Foster) and 4 kitties (BW, Spider, Joshua, and Joey) who kind of adopted us from a lady down the road.

I am a studio photography buff and hope to be working in a studio/owning my own soon. I am working on my general business degree to help with opening my own studio. Other than schoolwork and my pups, I usually stay pretty busy keeping up with my family.
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

I haven't posted for a while, so this thread is probably the best place to start up again

I'm Rachel, I'm in Minnesota, I just turned 16 on March 23rd, I'm in 10th grade and I have one little kitty, Persephone. I'm hoping to get another cat, but my dad's a little resistant about it.

My interests are pretty broad, so I'll just list some things I've become really interested in lately:
    -the anime mystery show, Case Closed
    -the band, Weezer
    -Podcasting
    -working on my blog/journal, El Scorcho (warning, some swearing in it, but only once in awhile)
    -The dance game, Dance Dance Revolution

Well, that's all I'll say, I don't want to go on and on
    This is a great thread! It's fun to get to know everyone better

*Thanks so much Laura for the wonderful sig! ^_^*
    ~Hello to all of you from Rachel, Persephone(Persy), and Shin'ichi! =D ~

*my art and photography*
    *Persephone's Page*
    *Shin'ichi's Page*
    *my blog*

Hi there, I think nearly everyone knows me by now, I just celebrated my two year anniversary here on PT, but kept it quiet, I am 47 years old and not ashamed to admit it, mother to two children, Melissa 12 and Scott 23, and two furbabies Ash and Lexie, pics below, married to Steve.

I am currently the only NZ'er here, some have joined but left, I am rather shy in real life, but show my extroverted side here on PT, which I keep well and truely hidden in real life lol.

I am scottish by birth, but have lived in NZ all my life bar a few months, but I am very proud of my heritage and was brought up very scottish, dialect, sayings, music, you name it,people still have trouble understanding my mother 's accent at times.

I love living down under, in my small but beautiful little country, and all it has to offer with its peace and serenity and small population.

Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am Pamela...44 and married to Bradley 6 years this July 3. I have 2 skin kids..Shane, who turned 25 this past Thursday and Robin, 19 and in college. Shane is divorced and has my 2 grandangels, Alayna (5) and Brooklyn (3) and he is engaged to be married later on this year.
    I love to cook, have a recipe website...I do sigs and have siggy site...with over 200 members, so these 2 keep me very busy on the computer.
    I am a Registrar at a Jr High. We have a 2003 Honda Goldwing touring bike so spend a lot of time on it..plan to do some touring this summer.
    We live in Texas altho I am originally from Arkansas.
    I have a 10 month old yorkie poo named Gracie. She will probably always be an only furchild..all we can handle.

I am Steve. I presently live in Fort McMurray, Alberta (It's not the end of the earth, but you can see it from here!) but I am from Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and will live there someday again (not necessarily in Nanaimo but on the Island), or perhaps in the Okanagan. I have actually been thinking more and more lately about moving out of here! I have three dogs now: Buddy: A ten year old Black Lab cross I have had since a pup, Tasha: A ten year old Shephard cross I have had since a pup and Docker: A roughly ten month old Husky cross I adopted about a month or so ago. I spend alot of time off-roading and hiking and have recently started to learn to cook (out of necessity), the dogs love this idea as they generally get to eat all of my failed experiments!
    I work as a manager at a car dealership (in the shop). I suppose that's about it for now!
    Steve

Thanks Lexi_Lover

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." -- Muhammad Ali

Well, my name is Dawn and I hate my name, but we'll leave that for another post.

I'm 38 and I have 4 real kids ages 18, 17 and 16 (twins), 7 fur kids (2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs and a bunny) and 8 kids with fins. I live in Austin, Texas and we are in the process of buying a house. I also have a hubby whom I don't like too much so you won't hear me say much about him.

I've been registered here for about 3 1/2 years but only recently became active again.

Um...that is all.

My name is Julianne (pronounced Julie-Anne) but most people call me Julie, since I dislike my "real" name and it's always mispronounced. I'm 15 years old and I'm a Sophomore in High School. I live in Southern California with both of my parents, my younger sister, two dogs, two cats, two cockatiels, a hamster, six desert tortoises and a couple of fish. Yep, it's a zoo. I love taking pictures, training my dogs, listening to music, going to the movies, chatting online, hanging out with friends, etc. When I'm older, I'd like to become a Veterinarian and I'd like to own a Golden Retriever rescue and possibly volunteer/puppy raise for Guide Dogs Of America.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Last edited by GoldenRetrLuver; 03-28-2005 at 09:34 PM.