Thread: Is this so horrible?

Is this so horrible?

Shadow is doing so well staying in our room by herself; our room is rather large (about the size of our living room). She's actually covering up after using the litter box which she has NEVER done before. She now has her own uncovered litter box which is in the large dog crate because I don't want her having an accident on the carpet. She's got two cat trees and two beds, plus my bed and she's usually only in the room by herself during the day 8:30 AM-5/6 PM.

Is it so horrible to keep her in the room during the day and at night by herself? She's let out with the others from 6 PM-10 PM when I go to sleep. She seems happy but she did scratch a couple of times this morning to try to get out. I could keep Callie in the room with her every other day as Callie gets along fine with her and Shadow wouldn't have to be by herself.

Callie and Whisper don't seem to mind being out in the living room by themselves at night. Callie only cries to be let in when the alarm clock goes off because she knows it's time to drink from the faucet and get fed. I do miss having Callie sleep in our room so maybe I'll start bringing her in there every so often.

Do you think this temporary fix will work out until we move in August? I would like to get a three bedroom place so that there will be more room and the cats won't feel so confined in the little house. Any suggestions you might have would be great. Thanks!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I see no problem with that setup - especially if she is happier with it. When I first moved to Chicago I had a studio apartment that was big enough for a queen size bed, a futon a TV and not much more than that! T & P were cramped up in that small space all the time - 24/7! I, personally, would much rather see Shadow in the room by herself and happy than out with the others and miserable.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Sounds like what you're doing is working. You might want to put a radio in there so it's not totally quiet. How about keeping Callie in the room with her, since they both get along well. This way she'll have company.

Sounds like you've found the perfect solution!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

There is no problem,with that set up,as I ahve isolated Scrappy 2,in case,she hass picked,up something,that the Found Cats,can catch,and there are some Cats,that would rather,be by themselves! and one day,they will slowly,make Friends,and we pray,for that day,at The Found Cat Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

As long as she's happy, why would that be wrong? My foster Minette is happy for the first time in her life because we have her in her own room, away from the other cats. Of course, ideally I'd like her to be out and have free -roam, but she's happy as can be in the room herself. She has fresh water, toys, a warm bed, a window to look out, and humans to come in and give her love.... and NO CATS to bother her!