Thread: Well, a bit of blood. A potential problem?

Well, a bit of blood. A potential problem?

Well, everyone knows all about Bob and Don right? Well, I've never ever had more than one cat at a time so having two is a rare treat, and a real education. Bob is just a bundle of energy and zest for live, whereas Don prefers to sleep away the hours. They do however like to fight, and before they never got to the point where they were hurting each other. Some of the time it was pretty obvious that Don was REALLY unhappy with the trouncing he was getting from Bob, but more often than not a little later he'd get his own and Bob would be the one chased all over the place. It's fun to watch them run around and tackle each other. But today, while getting ready to go see a friends voice recital, the boys were fighting. Nothing new, seemed harmless, but Don started hissing loudly and that usually means he's had enough and wants to just go away, but Bob would NOT relent. He just kept going!!!!!! Again, it didn't look like they were actually hurting each other so I didn't stop it, just let them settle it. When all was said and done and they were in their seperate corners I started calming Don down. I noticed some blood on his flank, but it wasn't his (thank god, he gets babied a bit more than Bob, he doesn't need anymore), it was Bob's, he had a small, very small cut near the corner of his mouth. I just wondered.... Does this perhaps signify an aggresive turn for the boys, or more a case of exuberance? I might be (and I hope I am) worrying too much, but still, better to get opinions. Cheers all!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    OH MY!!! Siblings at war! In most cases cats (especially multi cat homes) form a hiararchy, and one will scrap with others to become top cat. Sounds like that's what's happening with your guys, and it will continue until they settle their disputes, and one becomes "KING"! If it gets really aggressive, arm yourself with a squirt bottle (say nothing during the spat) and squirt them to break it up. Call it one of the joys of domesticating the wild cat!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Jan gave some great advice.

I hope and pray that Don & Bob are able to settle their differences and learn to play without the aggression.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thanks for the replies, they calmed me down a bit. Plus, I am right now watching Bob give Don's head a good cleaning with his tongue, and Don seems to be purring, so I guess it's not going downhill here. yay!!!

Awww geesh.....Cats, you gotta love them.

Fighting one minute and then loving one another the next.

That must make your heart feel good though seeing the grooming session going on. (Hope it doesn't turn around the other way.)

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010