Thread: sick kitty

sick kitty

My cat, Milo has been sick recently. About 3 weeks ago, he started walking funny (like he was stiff) and he stopped eating as much as normal. I took him to the vet and the vet said that he couldn't find anything wrong with him. However, he did have a slight fever and he had lost about 2 lbs. in 2 1/2 months time. The doc went ahead and gave Milo a pain shot and some antibiotics. Milo started getting better right away. Then we ran out of med about 2 weeks later and the same thing happened again. He's lost 2 more lbs. I took him back to the doc. and the doc. did a bunch of blood work on him. Everything came back normal. So, now he's back on the same meds again. I'm worried about what is going to happen when we run out of the med. A strange twist to the story is this: Milo uses his litter box like he always has, but I keep finding little kitty "nuggets" around the house. Everytime he goes, later I will find this small "nugget" somewhere. He has only started doing this since he got sick and I think it is connected somehow. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Hmm....Did you recently changed his kitty litter latly? if so maybe it could be what you suspect. um.....i'm sorry i can't help much. but i hope he'll get better soon.

Nope, haven't changed his litter or his food or anything. I really don't know what's going on, but thanks!

???

Has your vet done a scan of his stomach/intestine/urethra/bladder...etc?
    Might be an idea to maybe suggest it?
    Sorry cant be of much help though.

No, he hasn't. Milo just ran out of his medicine yesterday and so far he seems to be doing ok. I am hopeful. Also, he hasn't lost anymore weight, he's holding steady. But if he gets sick again, I guess that will be our next step. Thanks!