Thread: Sweet Annie Update March 05

Sweet Annie Update March 05

Annie is now out and about with the rest of the cat herd on a full time basis. She still prefers to sleep in our room during the day on the cat tree and at night in the bed base.

During the evenings she spends time sleeping and playing on the living room cat trees.

Annie mews for wet meat and enjoys cuddles on her terms only. She has stopped smacking us when we stroke her and she now walks upright with a space between her belly and the floor when she crosses the living room to demand her wet meat

Annie is learning to deal with Tigs and if he pounces on her (in play expecting a chase) she smacks him (no claws) and hisses, so being a boy he is learning slowly not to bother Annie.

Annie is still an inside only cat however we hope to walk her outside in summer if we can put an harness on her (it was hard enough with wiggly kittens and we can not pick Annie up as yet)

We love her loads, she is such a sweet natured kitty cat and she has gained so much confidence in the last three months. We hope she learns to accept more cuddles in the next three months.

Annie has given us so much joy......bless her.

Here are a few March 05 photos.

Turn your back on a fresh clean dry pile of washing and you find a cat on it ...sigh

Annie curled up on the sofa next to our Georgie.

Annie ignoring me as I call, hoping she turn to face the camera.

Annie's latest favorite cat bed, under one of our coffee tables IN the living room !!!

Such delightful news!! She looks wonderful; she looks content. Has she acquired an English accent meow yet -

Annie looks wonderful!!! I'm so glad to hear she's finally got a furrever home.

Give Sweet Annie hugs from across the sea from me and my crew!!

(((((hugs)))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I think I hurt myself doing the happy dance when I saw Annie on the couch with George. She is truly at home in her new home.

My suggestion for using a harness is to get one that has snap clips instead of buckles. then estimate her size and adjust BEFORE placing on her. if you can place it on quickly, she will allow it, but if you have to fiddle with it she will reject and run. (gee....I hope that made sense...if not you'll just have to PM me)

Yay Annie! You look so happy and confident in your home. I see you are happy to nap with your big brother George!

Oh it's so good to see her up and about mingling with the others.

Typical cat eh! Ignores you when you call them if food isn't involved. I can just hear her now, "I will turn for the camera when I AM good and ready."

Thanks for the update on sweet Annie.

Loved the pictures.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so glad to see Annie looking so well (if a little suspicious of the camera)! She must be feeling confident to be napping on the settee with George.

Look at little Annie out and about with the others!! YEA!!!!! She is really moving right along isn't she? Wow! That is so good to see. She is such a pretty girl. She sure is getting there, she's just not in any big hurry.

Annie,is a gorgeous Cat,and well worth,the Transpot,from the Colonies! What a Sweet Face,and I know,that Jen,hated to give her up.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a wonderful update, PIF!!!! I'm so happy that Annie is finding her "spot" in your herd!!!

Loved that last picture of her - she was clearly not happy that you got a good shot of her - she has the airplane ears to prove it!

I agree about the airplane ears.

It will be a long long time until Annie wants cuddles (appart from wet meat time) and though she'll call to us, if we move towards her she scarpers.

Annie is still painfully shy with us, however she loves all the cats with the exception of Tigs, as he chases her.

Yes, I'll make sure the harness has clips, though I think we'll need a ton of wet meat and several pairs of hands to attempt it, I think we'll wait a few more months until we try it.

I think Annie has settled in so much faster than I expected and I love the fact that she choses to sit down here with us airplane ears and all, rather than living in the bed base full time. But I think she'll need a year or more to settle in properly without airplane ears...watch this space

I'm so glad to see and hear that Annie is settling into your home nicely. Thanks for the update.

It's so wonderful to see Annie out and about and hear that she is enjoying her new home. She looks wonderful!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

WOW!!! That's such amazing news about Annie! How wonderful to see her out and about and not under the bed. Wow!!! That's soooo great!

What good kitty parents!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...