Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices . . .

Hmm . . . I just can't understand why KY seems to be higher than anywhere else.

I figure it is really high in California, because it usually is anyway. Anyone from Cali???
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

in the UK, or in where I live anyway it is 82p/litre or coverted to USD it is $5.96/gallon

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

$1.99 in our part of PA.

Originally posted by vinjashira
    in the UK, or in where I live anyway it is 82p/litre or coverted to USD it is $5.96/gallon
    Yup, I was just about to say that while gas prices are high (for us), they are NOWHERE NEAR what the UK or Japan pays. I went to Scotland in Oct. '02 and my friends were kind enough to drive me wherever I wanted... They were spending well over $60USD in gas every few days. I offered to give them money for it but they refused. So I refuse to bitch about the gas prices here until they equal that.

In my area of Maryland I've seen as low as $2.03 and as high as $2.10 for regular.

I filled up during the week for $1.97. By this weekend it had jumped up to $2.21

I've seen as high as $2.20. I filled my tank on Wednesday for $2.00/gal. Then topped it off (for ANOTHER $8.85 for a 1/4 tank) for $1.99/gal. The thing that bugs me about Michigan is they play games with the gas prices. It's lower at the beginning of the week, but by Thursday, when people are filling up for the weekend, the prices jump another 5-10 cents!

Thanks George Dubbya!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    The thing that bugs me about Michigan is they play games with the gas prices. It's lower at the beginning of the week, but by Thursday, when people are filling up for the weekend, the prices jump another 5-10 cents!
    Same thing here. They figure people wait til they are empty and driving around - most liekly a weekend - and they'll pay the extra money because they HAVE to. I *TRY* to remember to fill my tank during the week, but since I am not driving much anymore, I often am not out unless its a weekend.

In 2 more years, I am trading in my mini van for
    one of those hybrid vehicles.

----<---<--<{(@

Just filled up on Thursday at $1.96 a gallon here in South Jersey, but didn't I see another gas station the next day offering gas for $1.90 a gallon You really need to look. Wow I didn't have a clue that gas was that expensive in England!!! And even in Canada it is over $3.00 a gallon? I guess I should stop complaining then (but I probably won't ).

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    I filled up during the week for $1.97. By this weekend it had jumped up to $2.21

Same thing here in Indy, except I didn't stop for gas when I
    should have & had to pay the higher price, Price jumped 20+
    cents per gallon overnight. Seems like prices are increasing on
    everything we buy, but I'm not earning anymore money,
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by christa
    I figure it is really high in California, because it usually is anyway. Anyone from Cali???
    $2.32 for unleaded self-serve in San Francisco - that's by shopping around. I needed gas the other day on the way home. I work near San Francisco Airport and decided to go to the one that was easiest to get to right off the freeway - YIKES! They really nail the travelers - $2.49/gallon for self-serve unleaded - that was two weeks ago. It's probably up to around $3.00 now.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

The gas price was around $2.30 the last time I noticed it, which was a few days ago. I cannot BELIEVE Kentucky has about the same gas prices as California right now. That's kinda weird.

In Pittsburgh, The average bis $2.07 a gallon for regular unleaded. However I found one for $2.03 a gallon.

The best price I saw last night was $1.97 but most are $1.99.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by moosmom
    I've seen as high as $2.20. I filled my tank on Wednesday for $2.00/gal. Then topped it off (for ANOTHER $8.85 for a 1/4 tank) for $1.99/gal. The thing that bugs me about Michigan is they play games with the gas prices. It's lower at the beginning of the week, but by Thursday, when people are filling up for the weekend, the prices jump another 5-10 cents!

Thanks George Dubbya!!
    Your right, Donna! Good ole Georgie W. did it again! How did we get stuck with him for another 4 years? Yuck!)