Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Fur children need homes or will die.

10 Fur children need homes or will die.

Dearest friends,
    Blessings be with you.
    I am sorry I haven't been here in awhile. I Have been busy at our SPCA.
    I just received an e mail from a dear friend who received it from a friend. I am going to give you this email and number.
    Apparently this loving woman in CT Had 10 fur children. The Pet Parent died suddenly. The cats are now on death row. The "family" have given this rescue group 3 weeks or these angels willbe killed. PLEASE if anyone can foster or adopt these angels PLEASE help.

PLESAE READ the message below.. PLEASE .. can we help them?

THis is heartbreaking...... The babies are in CT.. I guess. Maybe we could band together and all travel together.. PLEASE help save these precious babies.

Blessings, Light and LOve,
    Deb.. MOMMACAT

[email protected]

Phone number is860) 242-9999,
    >
    > ext. 1 for more
    > information. Or email Susan at
    > [email protected].

These are all senior babies. THey are probbaly confused and grieving, not know what has happened.Subject: If anyone is willing to foster one of these cats please let me know
    Date: 3/9/2005, 10:40 PM
    To: [email protected], [email protected]., [email protected].

Take a good look at the following email and ask yourself if you can help Susan find a home, adopt or foster any of the 10 cats that will be put down in three weeks. If you are interested please let me know or call Susan below. Please check in and ask yourself if there's anything you can do.

Thanks everybody!

Love & Light,
    Renee

> URGENT -Owner Dies- Beloved Cats to be Destroyed
    >
    > Dear Animal Lover,
    >
    > Donna a devoted animal lover and pet
    > owner unexpectedly passed away, leaving her 10
    > healthy cats without their beloved owner and soon
    > without a home. A friend of Our Companions, Donna
    > had a great affinity for her cats and was truly
    > devoted to their care.
    >
    > The cherished cats are at the mercy of family
    > members who will have the cats euthanized -
    > one family member even threatened to just "open the
    > door" releasing these senior, indoor cats out into
    > the winter - if they are not adopted - immediately!
    >
    > Donna had rescued each and every one of her
    > cats and to see them senselessly killed would not
    > be what she would have wanted. In her honor, Our
    > Companions are working closely with the family
    > (they've agreed to give us three weeks) to campaign
    > to find a home for each and every one of these cats.
    >
    > Please help by:
    > * Forwarding this email to all of your animal loving friends
    >
    > * Consider adopting - senior cats are difficult to
    > adopt- we need compassionate people to help
    >
    > * Spread the word- print this email and post it
    > around
    >
    >
    > Please help us. Call Susan Linker at (860) 242-9999,
    >
    > ext. 1 for more
    > information. Or email Susan at
    > [email protected].
    >
    > Thank you in advance and we will let you know how
    > this case develops.
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Annie
    >
    > Annie is an adorable and healthy 6 year-old short-
    > haired black and white spayed female. She is sweet
    > and really just LOVES PEOPLE! Indeed, she's very
    > social and outgoing.
    >
    >
    > Batch
    >
    > Batch is a 10 year-old Siamese mix. He's a healthy,
    >
    > neutered mail and he is one of a kind. He's a long,
    >
    > silly looking kitty with big fangs. Indeed, he's a
    > site
    > to behold. He's friendly outgoing and tons of fun.
    >
    >
    > Dustin
    >
    > Dustin is a 14 year-old grey tiger, short-haired
    > neutered male. He is shy, but sweet and undeniably
    > handsome.
    >
    >
    > Crickett
    >
    > Crickett is a 13 year-old orange Persian mix. He's
    > a
    > healthy, neutered male who is outgoing, loving and
    > oh so cuddly. Pick him up, and he won't let you let
    >
    > go. He's a big kisser too.
    >
    >
    > Toby
    >
    > Toby is a large grey short-haired 10 year-old
    > neutered male cat. He is sweet as can be, but
    > rather shy and would prefer and quiet and calm
    > environment. He would surely thrive in a peaceful
    > place.
    >
    >
    > Mickey
    >
    > Micky is a 9 year-old orange, neutered male. He's
    > super sweet and cuddly as can be!
    >
    >
    > Hannah
    >
    > Hannah is an 11 year-old blue cream long-haired
    > tortie mix. She's a healthy, spayed female, and as
    > you can tell from the picture, she's very shy.
    > Hannah
    > would be happiest in a quiet, loving home.
    >
    >
    > Kato
    >
    > Kato is a sweet and healthy 13 year-old,
    > short-haired
    > orange and white neutured male. Kato is strikingly
    > beautiful and very loving - a real pleasure to have
    > by
    > your side.
    >
    >
    > Stella
    >
    > Stella is a 13 year old tortie that is sweet and
    > loving. She doesn't need much, just a peaceful home
    >
    > where she can nap on her heating pad and be cuddle
    > with people.
    >
    >
    >
    > Won't you please help? Please consider adopting one
    >
    > of these beautiful kitties. If you cannot adopt,
    > please forward this to as many animal lovers as you
    > can.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Susan Linker
    > Our Companions Animal Sanctuary
    >
    > email: [email protected]
    > phone: 860-242-9999
    > web: http://www.ourcompanions.com
    >
    > Our Companions Animal Sanctuary | P.O. Box 673 |
    > Bloomfield | CT | 06002

I've contacted Scott Haney from Channel 3 to see if they can do a piece on the news about these precious furbabies. I've also called my friend at Helping Paws in Colchester to see if she can possibly foster any of these cats.

I've also contacted the newspaper I used to work at, the Hartford Courant to see if they can run a piece in the paper.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
    Last edited by moosmom; 03-11-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sounds like a couple of orangies need homes.

Dear Moos MOm,
    I am in tears..
    Many Many blerssings be with you. THANK YOU isn't enough. God's Blessings be with you all.
    OMG THank you!!!!

THank you .. THank you.

I love you . thank you. Thank you all.

Deb Mommacat.

Debbie,

I just got off the phone with a woman in the newsroom of Channel 30. I'm going to type up an news release about the whole thing with Susan from Our Companions as a contact person. She said she'll see what she can do.

I will do everything I possibly can from my end to help you. I was in animal rescue in CT for 8 years before moving to Michigan.

Hang in there, and say prayers.

((((hugs to you)))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I just spoke with the reporter from the Hartford Courant who covers Bloomfield. He's going to NY for the weekend to attend a seminar and will contact Susan at the Sanctuary on Monday to see what the status of the cats is. He says he might be able to do a town "brief" to make the residents of CT aware of the situation in the hopes that someone will be able to offer these cats a home, either permanent or foster.

Hey, it's a start.

Dearest Moosmom,
    Words cannot express my gratitude for your kindness and help.
    I have forwarded your messages to my friend who will send them along to her friend.
    I just cannot thank you enough for everything you have done.
    I am a Volunteer for our local SPCA which is NO KILL. The things we see when fur children are surrendered, and have been dumped is astounding. it never ceases to amaze how humans think that fur children are disposable like garbage.

I cannot thank you enough Moosmom..... Will you be keeping in touch with your contacts?
    THank you for your kindness and help.

Many Many Blessings to you and all of your Fur children.

Deb Mommacat.

Deb,

I just got an email from my friend Rene at Helping Paws. She is a member of the Federation (whatever that is) and has been in contact with the sanctuary. Her organization has offered to take 2 of the oldest cats and is on the list if they need homes for others.

I will be keeping in touch with my contacts.

I'll keep you updated. You know I'll help any way I can. Afterall, we are the voices of the animals, right??

Hang in there.

Dearest Moosmom,
    OMG!!! I cannot believe this! I am in tears.. DEAR LORD!
    I have goose bumps.
    PLEASE PLESAE PLEASE thank your friend. PLEASE thank her.
    OMG I cannot believe her kindness and generosity!

LAst year we adopted a fur baby that willbe 8 in June.. My Clayton. He is My handsome prince. I prefer to take the older ones.. becasue no one else wants them.. so I am so grateful to your friend.
    I love you Mossmom... I love you and your friend.

THank you thank you.
    Deb

Dearest friends,
    Here is an update from Susan in CT. I thought you all might want to read the latest!
    THANK YOU ALL!!!!
    Let's get these babies adopted into Forever homes!
    Love you all,
    Deb Mommacat
    UPDATE 3-10-05

Thank you so much about your interest in helping these beautiful cats. We have received a wonderful response.

Heres the update: The family brought Cricket and Hanna to the humane society. We found out that they both were adopted. We also placed Annie and Casey (a cat not listed with medical issues).

Many people and organizations have offered to foster them so we have a back-up if the time the family gives us to place them runs out.

Since these cats have been living alone for the 8 months since Donna died, and since they have had a quiet and peaceful home up until she died, we are striving to place them directly into good homes if possible and avoid a transition place.

The family has allowed us to be in the house were the cats live in West Hartford this weekend, March 12th -13th to meet those who are interested in adopting one of them. It is at that time that we can also give you more information about each of the individual cats and give you info on how best to transition them into a home.

If you are interested in meeting them and potentially adopting them, please reply to me via email at [email protected] or 860-242-9999, ext. 1. Please include your phone numbers (day and evening) and email address. We will reply to you with an application and to schedule an appointment for Saturday.

Again, many thanks for your wonderful interest in these darlings. Its so wonderful to see the great response weve gotten. We are committed to finding good homes for everyone of these cats.

-----

Deb,

That is GREAT news!!! Word of mouth travels fast! I'm sure that all the cats will find furrrever homes.

I also prefer adopting older cats as they always get passed up for the younger ones.

Dear Moosmom,
    I e mailed Susan at Our Companions and have asked for pictures of the babies. When she replies, I will also post that here so everyone can see these blessed fur babies.

I am looking at me sweet Tucker. He was dumped by his people and apparently wandered outside last winter until he was found in June and brought to our SPCA. He was a sack of bones. He is presently sound asleep on top of his and Clayton's Cardboard Condo that I Made for them. I cur out windows for thwm to hop in and out and tied two boxes together and lined both with tons of blankets and towels. All of my babies have been thru hell and back... I guess that is why I am trying to do what little I can to help Susan find forever homes for these fur children.

Blessings to you Moosmom for everything you have done.

Blessings and Light,
    Deb mommacat

Deb,

I only made a few phone calls and emails. I think it was the team work that really set the wheels in motion. With everyone involved, I KNOW those cats will find the furrrever homes they deserve REAL soon.

((((hugs)))))) to you Deb for caring.

Donna

Blessings be with you DOnna,
    I haven't heard anything from Susan this weekend... I Am hoping that maybe Monday after the "open "house she'll have time to send an update.

We did it dear friend. The babies are worth the effort.

Blessings,
    Deb

The babies are worth the effort
    Absolutely! Let me know if you hear anything.