Thread: We bought a house!

We bought a house!

I just wanted to tell you all the good news - we have been house hunting for the last few weeks, and after a bad experience last weekend offering on a house we liked and getting jerks for sellers who were totally unreasonable, this weekend, we found a wonderful house and it's now under contract for us! The closing date is April 29, which works out well because our lease is up June 30, but our landlady is so nice that she's letting us out a bit early - we'll take the month of May to move and get everything switched over, and we'll be in our new home by June 1.

It's in St. Charles (west of St. Louis County), which is a little farther out than we initially were going to look, but out there, you can get so much more house and so much better house for your money. Our house is a pretty 1.5-story with finished basement. As you walk in, the ceiling is so high - it's very pretty and inviting. It has 3 bathrooms (a 4th is in the basement, if it won't be an office - we're not sure yet), 2 full baths, and 2 half baths. It also has a screened in back porch with hot tub, as well as a patio, and a decent amount of yard left after that (it even slopes so I can sled in the winter if I want to - I've gotten used to doing that at our rental house). The master bedroom is huge, and the basement has been finished professionally - it has so much space - it also comes with the pool table! The sellers were really great, and they're paying most of the closing costs and throwing in that pool table with its accessories, which is awesome because we were planning to eventually buy a pool table, but it would've been a while before we could afford to do that. Oh, and with 2 flights of stairs, our cats will have a great time getting their exercise as they chase each other.

The only drawback here is that we won't have enough furniture to fill it for a while, so it's going to be a little-by-little process, so if any of you come to visit any time soon, you'll see a house that needs some furnishing. The house is 19 years old, but you wouldn't know it - it looks just as modern as new homes being built today. The subdivision is the "Waterford Estates," which sounds fancier than it is. We're on a cul-de-sac, and we do live a little farther out than now, but we're actually much closer to some of the major interstates to the city, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Many people in our Metro area have a longer commute b/c of the nice neighborhoods in which they chose to live.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the good news. We're really excited because this house is move-in ready - there are a few things we might change in a little while, but nothing needs to be painted or anything right away. Wish us luck as we move toward closing day! We saw 8 houses on Saturday (we had seen lots of others up to that point), and there wasn't a single one that was bad (we had a top 3 out of those 8), but we really feel like we found the house that was meant for us in the home we bought.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

WOW! Your new house sounds absolutely fabulous! What fun it'll be to decorate it with new furniture! Don't worry, I've slept on many a floor! Many many happy years of smiles and good fortune in your new abode!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

Thanks!

-- Albert Schweitzer --

I replied in Cat General
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Congratulations!!! Your new home sounds wonderful.

WOW your home sounds wonderful, it is so exciting when you purchase your first home, I have been in mine from brand new,it is 22 years old now, and I have never shifted, a bit small nowadays with a family of four and we only have one small bathroom, am I ever green with envey, congratulations on your purchase, I hope you will be very happy there.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks everybody for your nice replies!

-- Albert Schweitzer --

Congrats!

I can't wait to get out of my apartment and into a house.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June