Thread: Ball Popper?

Blog Entries

Smile Ball Popper?

There are people that train their dogs to pop a ball out of a tennis ball popper. They have dog relays. I was wondering if anyone on here would be familar with the ball popper contraption? I would like to get one for my dogs. I am an older person & have artheritis in my arms. I figured it would be easier to load up the tennis balls & let the dogs pop them out themselves. Any help would be appreciated.

2. You mean flyball? Where the dogs run over hurdles and hit a large platform which ejects the ball and they ctach it and run back? Or there are just the things that you can buy...here are some pics

This is flyball when they are ready to go back.

Here's a contraption...

And a home-made one

I'm sorry, but I don't know where you can buy one. But there are some websites that you can get instructions on how to make one...

Blog Entries
    That is right it is called fly ball. Where are there some sights to show you how to build a fly ball contraption. My husband is very handy at building things & could give it a try. I have seen dogs teamed up for fly ball. They get so exceited & bark like mad. They really get into it. LOL !!! Thank you for sharing the pictures too.

www.flyballdogs.com may be a good website, I went on it only for a second, you could check it out though. Or if you just did a search on www.google.ca that might be good too Keep us updated!

~ Highschool rox ur socks!! Highschool is so amazing and I love it. Hi to everyone on Pet Talk, I know I have not been on for a while, I'm just busy. All of you here that I know rock! Keep up being friendly, posting on Pet Talk and havin fun. Buddy sends kisses. ~

Oooh, I think Blaze would LOVE something like that, lol!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I compete in Flyball, and the contrapion is called a flyball box. however unless you plan to do flyball it wont do you much good lol the ball only goes about 2-3 inches and its not easy in the slightest to train a dog to use a flyball box properly and still catch the ball. you would have to take a lot of time to teach a swimmers turn alone, why? because hiting the box with their front paws only puts a lot of pressure on the shoulders and cause injury, a swimmers turn is all 4 feet on the box, that has to be trained speperatly, then you have to start pushing the soring in so that the dog gets used to the bang the box makes when they hit it, then you can start adding the ball after you figer out which way the dog turnes, and teach then to catch the ball lol it does wear the dogs out BUT it also takes a tone of training on your part.

here is a picture of my dog doing a swimmers turn at a turniment.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I have this for Kiara -

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/barkspup...allstompr.html

You have to bend over and load it up, but it works well! My ball crazy girl loves it.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your responses. Kfamr I ordered the Ball Stomp'e & can hardly wait to get it in the mail. I have three dogs that like to chase & catch the tennis balls. This will sure help me physically not to have to throw the balls for the dogs. I swear I have pitchers shoulder, arm, & elbow in my left arm from throwing tennis balls all these years for our dogs. Thank again Bonnie & my dogs Max, Bob Barker, & Baxter Black.

Blog Entries
    Got the Ball Stomp'r in the mail today. Thank you Kfamr. My dog Baxter couldn't figure it out at first. I stomped on the ball stompr & Baxter didn't see the ball go flying. Then he was standing there & the ball flew up & he ducked. Then after about 10 times of stomping the ball he caught on & he really got into it. He loves to catch high flys. Anyhow it sure does same on my pitching arm & it is actually good exercise for the legs. The Ball Stomp'r came with a tennis ball besides. Oh Happy Day for my doggies Bob, Baxter, & Max ( my grandpuppy)

my dog always likes stuff like that

shes the best in my heart