Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new betta!

My new betta!

Since my batteries are dead yet again (I really need to buy another charger!) these day one photos will have to do. I promise to take more tonight though. I got this little feller at Wallmart. I was NOT intending to walk out with a fish but this little guy really struck my eye and I didn't have the heart to leave him there. He was so beautiful! There were a few more I really wanted, but more bettas will have to wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Isn't he gorgeous!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

He'll be going into a very large tank with a few other fish.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Here's the last one.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

He's beautiful!

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Wow, he's beautiful! Bettas are addicting, aren't they? ^_~

bump
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

He is beautiful! (Cass, you have too many pets! I wish I could have that many)

Just a warning, if you put him in a tank with other fish, either the other fish could gang up and attack him, or he could wind up killing your fish.

What kinds of fish will he be with?

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Originally posted by chrissycat21
    He is beautiful! (Cass, you have too many pets! I wish I could have that many)

Just a warning, if you put him in a tank with other fish, either the other fish could gang up and attack him, or he could wind up killing your fish.

What kinds of fish will he be with?
    I've always kept my bettas with other fish and they have done just fine.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Here's the tank he will be going into. They are all non agressive fish. Mostly flying fish, some angel fish, a goldfish, and some tetra's.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

He is beautiful! I saw one that looked a lot like him today at PetsMart, it was tempting . I've always found bettas to be completely passive with any fish other than other male bettas, but I've still never had a lot of luck when I've put them with other fish, even though they were docile types (mollies and tetras), there always seemed to be one or two that would pick at the betta's long flowing tail/fins and make them ragged. I always ended up taking them out and putting them in their own tank again. That's a beautiful aquarium
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

He sure has some beautiful coloring...!!!

You may want to watch out putting him in that tank with those fish. Expecially Angel fish and goldfish, just keep a close eye.

I'll definitely watch him. If there are any problems at all he will be moved to his own tank.

Though, I've always usually kept my old betta's with goldfish and other types. In fact, one of our old bettas lived many many years when I was a young girl.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

He has nice coloring. I really like him. Congrats on your new family member.