Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever stop and think...

Do you ever stop and think...

about past dogs? Yesterday I don't know why but I was very very depressed about Morgan. It has been awhile since I've actually sat down and thought hard about losing her the way I did, remember holding her while she took her last breath. I don't know why, but it really really upset me and I've been thinking about her ever since. Whenever I see another Golden that resembles her I die inside. I miss her so much.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Sorry for the pointless post. I just miss her.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

aw... I definitely understand Cass ... I always miss my first pup Bingo, an Australian ShepherdxBorder Collie from the SPCA. I compare almost every dog I meet to him, he was the coolest dog and I miss having him around. I just realize that he had a happy life and no dog will ever compare. It's so hard to see pictures of him and dogs that look like him ^_^

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Definitely not a pointless thread!

I miss my girl Chloe every day. I can't help it. I think about her all the time. She was a wonderful girl and I will probably never have another dog like her. She was so smart and so good and just always there. I can't even put into words how much I miss her. She was so special.

Not pointless at all, Cass. I think of my Lab Jingles each and every day and some days, I get really blue, cry. Happily, most of the time, I think of the happy days and try not to dwell on that sad, sad day when she passed. {{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I stop and think about the beagle I had as a kid all of the time. He was my best friend for 10 years and I still miss him dearly.

Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's so just hard. I think reading the thread about Echo just got me thinking. I've always been very very lucky to have dogs that there really is no way to forget. Isn't it amazing when you think about how much we really love our pets? Some of you know my screen name comes from my old cat Lucky. He was, number 1 the BEST cat I will EVER have! No one has compared to him. He had the most gentle soul of any cat I've met, and I believe we were brought together for a reason. Just the way he loved me, if you could have seen it. It was truly amazing!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

You are definitely not alone luckies4me. I often think of my Peaches. She was a very special little girl She instinctively knew how to behave in any situation. She was amazing. She was so much smarter than me, and she was sometimes impatient when I was slow to catch on to a situation. It's funny, she was a year old when she came to live with me, and then there was a period of adjustment while we tried to figure out who was in charge (turns out she was-who would have thought ) But all of that was quickly forgotten as she learned to read my mind (I never learned to read her's) and anticipate what it was I wanted her to do. She was definitely the best dog in the world for me. And yes I do still think about her, and I miss her very much. The dog I have now is wonderful, and I love being with her and doing things with her. But she is very different than Peaches, which is probably a good thing for both of us. Ginger could never be able to fill Peaches' pawprints, but fortunately she has chosen to take a different path, so she won't have to try

Oh, I definitely think about the passing of my Bandit every day. I miss him so much...I know how you feel Cass! If only we could bring them back...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Luckies4me - I think about my past pets. Fenway is the first dog I've ever had, so I think about my past cats. Especially Rusty. I always cry when I think about when she was PTS. The night before, I knew I was going to have to do it and I spent the whole night with her in my arms. I'm actually crying as I'm writing this! Sometimes you just get so emotionally attached to a pet. I've had many pets in my life (mostly cats). I loved them all. But with Rusty, it was different. She was my best friend.

I was with Rusty when she was PTS and I'm glad I was with her. I told her how much I loved her and how I'll see her on "the flip side". I thanked her for being there when times were tough.

It was very hard as I'm sure it was very hard for you. I'm sure Morgan was glad you were there, holding her and talking to her.

You have to believe you'll see Morgan someday. You'll get big licks and fluffy hugs. You'll go running and walking and it'll be like old times.

I think you were lucky to have such a special dog and Morgan was very lucky to have you.

Take care.

Definately not a pointless thread. I think some of us can understand your pain. I think about my rb dogs everyday. I live by the quote "Whoever is gone will not be forgotten" (((hugs))) If you just need to talk pm me or feel free to vent here. I am sure everyone well not everyone but some of us understand. Hang in there. I know there is no words that I can say to make you feel better. I wish our pets lived forever.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Well I am glad for the many happy times we spent together. She was an AWESOME dog! I think adopted/rescued animals know how much you have done for them. Thanks everyone. Just had to let some things out.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I think of them all the time. I don't think there's been one day I ahven't thoguht about any of them.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

TOday I was outside and it smelled sort of 'springy'. I started crying because it smelled like the days I had spent with Spencer, a golden retriever. She was not mine but I was close to her and loved her. She died really young.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

We always had dogs as I was growing up, and cats (outdoor cats) when we lived on the farms. My family moved around a lot as I was growing up. I can remember a German Shepard named Pepper, when I was about 4 years old. I can remember Smokey, then Rusty, then Sandy, also---all dogs. And I can remember a few cats when I was 8 or 9 years old. I had one that I named "Koolaid" because it drank Koolaid one day that I had spilled. I can also remember a little rabbit that my twin sister and one brother and I named "Bugs" in secret, after our oldest brother named him something else and wouldn't accept our name for him. I can't even remember now what my oldest brother's name for "Bugs" was.

This is a neat thread, remembering pets from our past!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb