Thread: How magical are YOUR cats?

How magical are YOUR cats?

How can cats simply materialize??

OK, picture this.......there is only ONE Monte, right? RIGHT!

so please explain, if you can, how he can be in 2 places at once?

OK.....this morning I am at the top of my stairs (the only way to the 1st floor from the 2nd floor). I look to my right, into the first room and there is my sweet Monte sitting on the desk looking out at me.

I walk down the stairs which end in the living room, turn and walk parallel with the stairs and into the kitchen and who comes RACING out of the kitchen but that same white cat! There is no way for him to get into the kitchen from the 2nd floor without passing us on the stairs.

Are there TWO Montes???

Monte must be a "ghost-cat"
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

That is funny!

Josie is my magical cat. I can look at her laying there, staring me down, meatloafing or something . . . turn my head for 5 seconds . . . look back and she's meatloafing 5 feet to the right . . . guess she just moves over real quick . . . It's so strange when she does that, but she does all the time!

-christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I've experienced cats vanishing when it's time to go to adoption day, the vet, etc.! Former foster Mittens could get places you wouldn't expect a fatty...er...fluffy cat like her to fit!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Cali can be invisible! I can look everywhere for her in a room without hiding spots and the next minute she's right on the desk beside me. She had to be there when I first started searching for her, but she made herself invisible until she WANTED to be seen.

Mary

I think that as many kitties as you have Jen, that another white kitty is living/bumming off of you, and you have so many places to hide, that it hides during the daytime, and comes out at night. He was probably just getting a bite to eat, and you walked in and spooked him, so he had to run past you and find another hiding spot very fast, so that you would think it was actually the real Monte I would be looking VERY CLOSELY for another white kitty in the house

Ps- I will search and search for Hannah. She will not be on top of the dresser, I look 15 times before resuming search, but when I walk back into the bedroom, never fails, she is yawning on top of the dresser, looking at me like " Mom, really, do you have to YELL my name so much, I am right here". lol
    Drives me NUTS

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Mine do the vanishing act too. Before we go out or to bed at night I do a head check, there are sometimes I can look and look & look and still no kitty! The entire time calling his name, then I look at the same place for the 100th time, and there he is, just sitting there giving me that "I've been right here all the time, what is so important?" look.

They can drive us crazy, but we still love them
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Ragnar,can be a bit,of a Magical Cat,as he,is still abit,of a loner,and does a bit,of hiding,from the Found Cats,even though,he is a lot bigger,than even ,the Moose.And we do love Monte,The Magician.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Filou is the magical boy here. You look for him for hours and when you are sure he has left the premises then he materializes in the middle of the carpet right in front of you

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Yup, here too -- I call them camou-kitties as they seem to disappear into whatever they're laying on and then, presto-change-o! they just as magically reappear, right in front of my eyes!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Bastet is a houdini and a magician - I swear she can walk through walls and materialise on the steps outside!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

THEY ARE MAGICAL CREATURES , i HAVE TO AGREE...

Simple... he moves like this:

Originally posted by catnapper
    Simple... he moves like this:

ROTFLOL.....
    that's right!! he moves like the wind!

Cats are strange - you can look all over the house for them - in their hiding spots, in their out-in-the-open spots, in every room, every closet, under furniture, and they're nowhere to be seen. Then, after several rounds of this search, you find them sitting somewhere obvious, looking at you like you're a complete moron! It's crazy! Even my boys manage to do this at time - even Leo, as big as he is! Most of the time, however, it's the girls, as it's easier to find small places in which to hide, or vanish, or whatever it is that they do.

Mysterious creatures, cats are. (I'm talking like Yoda now...what's up with that? Guess it's time for bed!)

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)