Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do your kitties act at the vet?

Tigger & Emma are both fine *at* the vet, but they hate the car ride and being in the kennel.

Both are surprisingly still and quiet once they are there and out of the kennel

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio was sooooo bad that one vet suggested that we not bring her back there anymore!

Halo is petrified and yowls the whole way and then tries to "deflate" and hide (hard to do when you're over 15 pounds). She has gotten so scared that she's peed all over me and the vet.

Cammie isn't happy, but she'll cooperate. No yowling but you've got to watch out for the lethal claws of hers.

Pepper, is a dream. She loves everyone and they love her. It's a good thing because between her heart murmur and her death-defying adventures, she's already got a thick file at the vets. When we bring her in, the vet techs all come running to visit with her because they love her so.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My kitties used to not like the carrier or the ride.

I have had many vet visits this past year, so after I knew there were going to be many follow-up visits, I washed the carrier, put in one of their favorite blankies, their catnip toys, etc. in there, and took the cage front off. I have it in the living room like that permanently and they ALL take turns sleeping in there all the time.

They now love that carrier so much that they don't give me any trouble going to the vet now. I think for them to go for a ride in their homey, familiar carrier made them that much less nervous. A vet visit is a scary experience for many kitties, so arriving in a carrier they already feel safe in does help, I think.

Mine cry on the way there, and they put up a HORRIBLE fight getting them into the carriers. But it amazes me how they turn into pure Jello when we get them to the vet.

My three are horrible going to the vet. You would think someone was torturing them, but act fine at the vet. They're too scared to do anything so the doc can give their shots, checks, no problems. We did have a problem a few months back with Callie's ears and when the vet was cleaning them she freaked out but that was only because her earies were hurting her.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Originally posted by Logan
    Mine cry on the way there, and they put up a HORRIBLE fight getting them into the carriers. But it amazes me how they turn into pure Jello when we get them to the vet.
    LOL! This is pretty much my experience with Miss Nipo! Once you open the carrier in the examining room she acts attention starved and more loving than she usually is at home!
    It's safe to say that she does not have a red sticker (nawtee kitty sticker) on her file.
    I don't get it!

Interesting thread!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Both of mine are pretty good when they're there at the vet's office.

Except for one of the exam rooms . . . there's a huge poster of a cat dressed like a doctor . . . the cats freak out when they see it!

Our vet says that any cats or dogs that come in there and see that poster freak! It's so wierd! It's huge and I guess looks so real to them . . . LOL.

-christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~