Thread: My friends benefit...

My friends benefit...

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but a friend of me and Nick's was in a terrible car accident the week before Christmas. He was doing great around Christmas, walking, talking, etc. So, he was moved out of the ICU into a regular room. Well, the nurses check on everyone every 30 minutes. Sometime between checks he stopped breathing and no one knows for how long. Could've been 8 minutes, could've been 18. After that long with no oxygen, things aren't very hopeful. He was put back on life support, and never came back. He passed away at 3 AM, january 11th, 2005. He was only 34 years old. It's been very hard because he was such a wonderful man, and also Nick's older brother's best friend. His wife is also a good friend of ours. Anyway, we're having a benefit tomorrow to help his wife with all the costs of the funeral, cremation, and other bills like household etc. I'll be selling the tickets for beer, and just helping with other things. I'm praying that a lot of money comes in to help her out! I'm sure it will, he had a TON of friends! So, if you all could include in you prayers hope for a wonderful turnout, I'd really be grateful! Thanks, Kristl

I'm so sorry about your friend. That is really sad. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

How utterly heartbreaking What a tragedy, such a young life and he was doing so well... What was his name? Please convey my condolences to Nick and to the family and I will surely be keeping them all in my prayers and hoping for a HUGE turnout. I can only imagine the pain his wife is suffering

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so sorry to hear this My prayers and well wishes are on the way.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That is so terrible sad..I sure hope the turnout is great and lotsa $ comes in for his family

Adding my prayers for his wife and for a terrific turnout.

That must have been such a shock.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I'm so sorry.
    You and all his family and friends are in my prayers.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Good luck with everything tomorrow! Coming from experience, those benefits are so wonderful for the family. I don't know what we would have done without the support of our friends and family. I'm sorry to hear that you've lost a friend. It is wonderful that you are doing something in memory of him...it will be something to look back on and remember for sure. It will be a blessing for everyone. Prayers that thing go well <><
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll send prayers that the benefit goes well and you have a good turnout.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I will add my prayers to that list and hope for a great outcome for the benefit! That is so very sad...
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

tatsxxx11- his name is Mick. Well, Mikel (pronounced Mih-kell). The benefit was a huge success...TONS of people were there! I don't know the exact ant. of $ raised, but I'm sure it was quite a bit! Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers! We're all doing our best to support his wife, best friend and brothers and his parents. The benefit was just a giant celebration of his life! Even though he wasn't on earth that long, he made a huge impact on a lot of lives and will be truely missed!