Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take me back to the 70's

Hybrid View

Take me back to the 70's

Mini skirts / Cheesecloth / Hot pants / Platforms / Loon pants / Afros / Tattoos / Corduroy / Old Spice, Charlie & Brut / Curly perms……on men / Cardigans……..on men / The Farrah Flick / Punk / Flares / New Wave / Wonder Woman boots / Lycra / Prince Charles grows a beard………really / Cuban heels / Wolfman Jack & The Midnight Special / The New Avengers / Tommy / Hair / Tube Tops / Hot Pants / Desert Boots / Fringe Jackets / Painted Denim Jackets / Clogs / Love American Style

The Stylophone / Sindy / The Space Hopper / Klackers / Roller Skates / Hacky Sacs / Uno / Chopper bikes / Mastermind / Pong / Magna Doodle / Womblemania / Monopoly / The Eight-Track / Kites / Skateboards / Othello / The Atari / Simon / Star Wars figures/ Sit 'n Spin / Toss Across

M*A*S*H / Love Story / Get Carter / Shaft / Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory / The Godfather / Last Tango in Paris / Live & Let Die / Jesus Christ Superstar / The Exorcist / Blazing Saddles / Return of the Pink Panther / Jaws / The Rocky Horror Picture Show / Shampoo / Logan's Run / Taxi Driver / Rocky / Star Wars / Saturday Night Fever / Close Encounters of the Third Kind / Grease / Superman / Midnight Express / Alien / Mad Max / The Jerk / Shaft / Rocky

The Beatles split / The First Glastonbury / Novelty Songs / John, Paul, George and Ringo go solo / The New Seekers and that Coke ad / The Osmonds go global / Slade, T-Rex and glam explode / David Bowie becomes the biggest UK act since The Beatles / The Wombles…….in the charts / Bob Marley / The Bay City Rolllers / Abba vs Punk / The Sex Pistols go straight to number…….2 / Boomtown Rats / The 12 inch / The Village People and those hand gestures

Well, that reminds me just how old I am.

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    Well, that reminds me just how old I am.
    me too .
    I agree, the 70'ties were SUPER!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Ahhhhhhh yes...Wolfman Jack and the Midnight Special...funny, I was just talking about that today!! I graduated in 78..........wow

Where does the time go?

Aww Micki that sure brought back some memories and a few laughs, the Farrah Flick, do you know I got my Farrah Flick done when I was in America, out of Salt Lake City somewhere, I ended up on a bus going to goodness know's where and got off at a place called Trolley Square I think, and I remember getting my Farrah Flick done there and buying this awesome calico gown with lace up front, it was a sexy number too, I even remember the hairdressers name Len, I wanted to take him back with me, because he did my hair so great , I felt like a Hollywood star lol.

AH memories, oh to be 19 again.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Omg now that brought back some memories. I loved Charlie perfume and tube tops oh how my mom hated those. Ah yes, the good old 70's.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

You know I used to wear Charlie perfume too, until one of the boss guys complained, I did a mail run around a factory as part of my job, I always used to give myself a spray before leaving to do it, one of the head moncho's complained when I came in, his office reeked of perfume, he did not like it, Poo face.

Ah yes Boob Tubes we called them here, they have made a comeback in fashion, I used to wear one to work,
    now that I think of it, oh well I did then have the figure for it, so heck why not?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by GraciesMommy
    I graduated in 78..........wow

I got married in '79
    Oh, and the first perfume I ever bought was CHARLIE 's too!
    Sweet old memories
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hai Karate and Don Kirschner's Rock Concert, 45's -records not the boobs!!!!

Last Tango in Paris......lololololol, I never looked at butter the same after that.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by GraciesMommy
    I graduated in 78..........wow
    I was 12 in 78.

I was 12 in 78.
    I was 11, but I remember most of this stuff fondly.

I got this list off the net, but I remember some of my own:
    Rainbow suspenders
    Mork from Ork (nanoo-nanoo)
    Roller Derby on TV
    Happy Days and all of Fonzi's stunts (wow, was I ever impressed)
    Playing in the sprinkler in the summer
    Listening to ONJ, ELO and The Carpenters ALL THE TIME
    Having a crush on Shaun Cassidy and Andy Gibb
    Satin jackets (mine was baby blue and had Shaun Cassidy's picture on the back, lol)
    Jeans with something embroidered on the back pockets
    T-shirts with iron on transfers (I remember going to the t-shirt shop and picking out what you wanted on the front, then you got your name on the back in fuzzy letters)
    Moccasins
    Pink Huffy bikes

Omg I totally loved my moccasins. I used to wear them with my fringe jacket. Lol. I had the crush on David Cassidy. That tells you that I'm older than you.

Originally posted by micki76

Having a crush on Shaun Cassidy and Andy Gibb
    You too!? Did you have the posters?

You too!? Did you have the posters?
    Yep and ALL the pics from Teen Beat and Tiger Beat all over my walls. I think I also had the hots for Scott Baio.

Jadapit - I had a crush on David too, but that was when I was a bit older and they started repeating the Partridge Family in the early 80's.

I just remembered Toe Socks! Remember those? They were cute, but very uncomfortable with all that material in between your toes.

Oh yes, I remember toe socks. You could get them in all sorts of funky colors. Pop rocks remember them? I loved those things.