Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds Of Dogs Found In Puppy Mill

Hundreds Of Dogs Found In Puppy Mill

Hundreds Of Dogs Found In Puppy Mill
    Child Protective Services Investigates

POSTED: 4:54 pm CST February 22, 2005
    UPDATED: 4:59 pm CST February 22, 2005

NEAR CLEVELAND, Texas -- Hundreds of dogs in deplorable conditions were rescued from a puppy mill Tuesday, officials told Local 2.

The Houston Humane Society went to the Tyler County residence with several trucks, trailers and nearly a dozen volunteers.

Officials said the place was a puppy mill with nearly 200 animals. The dogs were bred so their puppies could be shipped and sold in pet stores, according to authorities.

"This has to be the worst conditions I have ever seen. I mean, these dogs are living in squalor. The fecal matter is piled up in their kennels," said Sgt. Mark Timmers, with the Houston Humane Society.

Veterinarians with the Humane Society said the dogs were traumatized from being caged up for so long. The animals received immediate medical attention.

The owner would not speak when confronted by Local 2.

"What's your name?" Local 2's Cynthia Hunt asked.

"None of your business," the woman said. "No filming. Go."

Officials said the puppy mill has been in business for more than 10 years. Records showed the owner has sold to pet stores all over Texas.

A husband and wife lived at the residence with their 14-year-old daughter. Due to the conditions at the home, Child Protective Services was called to investigate and the girl may be removed from the home.

Copyright 2005 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4222081/detail.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    I saw it on the news and...ughk..it was just disgusting...there kennels were feces,and the water looks like sewage. They tried to talk to the owner but she didnt want too

Bless the Humane Society for saving the poor dogs

poor pups, I hope they will be ok!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Poor dogs.

I wish people would wise up and quit buying 'Pet Store' dogs.
    It only provides incentive to these 'mill' breeders to keep doing
    this. They should provide pictures of that Pet Store puppy's
    parents, living back in all that filth, with every dog.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I really wish that the selling of live animals in petshops would stop.

Can you imagine what that 14-year old girl must be feeling? Do you think that since she has grown up with a puppy mill, she'd be okay with it? Or would she be ashamed of it, and sad that she could never even have a slumber party at her house? I can't even imagine. Either way, I hope Social Servies does take their daughter away. I almost cried when I saw that video.

I swear...one day, I would so badly like to go to Kelowna City Hall and protest pet shops selling puppies.
    I've been BOO'd!

Things like this just really make me wonder how humans can possibly be so cruel. Have they no respect for other living things?

Those poor dogs.

May the owner be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, ostracized from her community and have her picture posted everywhere warning people never to give or sell her a puppy. May she be found financially liable for the veterinary care needed to bring what dogs can be saved back to health. May she be jailed for 50 years and spend her time making big rocks into little rocks, and any money, even the pittance she would make in jail, go to an ad campaign aimed at this never happening again.

Her daughter will need years of counseling to get over this whole thing.

What awful, awful, awful people.

When I was a child, I was always told we would never buy a puppy from a pet store. I am glad I was older before I found out where these dogs come from, as I would have had nightmares for months.

Yet another reason why pet stores should not be able to sell animals.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

You beat me to the post Sammy They said on the news that they will try to adopt out all the dogs, which is great, however, I did see a Pit Bull in that story and guess what, they don't adopt out Pit Bulls!
    Unfortunately with the hillbilly trailer trash like this, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. The daughter has been raised to think that this abuse and lack of respect for animals is exceptable so she'll just grow up to be the next generation puppy mill owner. It's not just pet stores she sells to, these people frequent flea markets, the side of the road, newspaper ads. There's one big flea market imparticular where puppy millers like this go called Trader's Village. People come into Petsmart on Saturdays with the new puppy they just baught from there and 90% of the time they have parvo. People tell us horror stories of puppies they got there and they ended up spending $2000 just to keep the baby alive. But none of them seem to have the cajones to complain to the flea market owners about it so this just keeps happening. I'm always driving off people on the side of the road as best I can just to make it harder for them sell their "stock" in hopes that it will discourage the BYBs from breeding again if they get stuck with a few puppies that are too old to sell. (teehee) I also rip up "puppies for sale" signs posted up and down the streets, which I highly encourage everyone else to do also.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

I agree totally with Karen. Very well said. And you are right what awful, awful people!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

That lady is rather large, seems as if she is getting plenty to eat, why don't you share that burger with the dogs- what a fat cow! GRR! She's been doing this for 10 years- that is even more disgusting- it took this long to catch her!?

I am all for starving her and her husband until their rib cages show and their skin stands up when you pinch it..... Make them have baby after baby and lay in feces and urine. If only I was the judge......

Poor girl and poor dogs- innocent in this whole ordeal and aren't able to escape it.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

May the owner be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, ostracized from her community and have her picture posted everywhere warning people never to give or sell her a puppy. May she be found financially liable for the veterinary care needed to bring what dogs can be saved back to health. May she be jailed for 50 years and spend her time making big rocks into little rocks, and any money, even the pittance she would make in jail, go to an ad campaign aimed at this never happening again.
    BRAVO.

Ok I normally can watch those but that bull mastiff made my lose my lunch.

I'm on my way to Houston on Friday to pick up a few dogs to take back to the no-kill here. I will most likely come back with a foster or two for myself as well. Still working out specifics with the Humane Society.

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly,
    Are you going for dogs that so called lady had? I have a few choice words for her but I wont say them on here. That's so awesome that you are doing that!! Thank goodness for people like you. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Yes I am. I might only be taking 2 dogs now because they told me that the dogs will still be in critcal condition for several weeks. In a few weeks when some more get better, I'll go pick some up and take them back to my shelter. But for tomorrow, I'll take some sick ones to nurse back to health in my home. 2 of them will probably stretch me as far as resources go, but I'm sure I can handle it. I just want to help as much as I can.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya