Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Mason

Kristl, I'm so glad that you're going to the ER. I hope that everything will turn out fine. Please update us when you can.

................... and after 12 hours at the emergency room we get a update? Kristl??????

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Ok, I had some other things to do in Peoria, and I was in the ER for 2 1/2 hours! I had an hour long penicillin IV and they gave me some antibiotics. They had to let the shelter know, by law, and had to make sure Mason was current on his shots...of course he is! Anyway, the IV made the redness not so red. My hand still hurts, but not as bad as before. I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for a check to see if I need the IV again. I'm doing OK! Thanks everyone for being so concerned! I appreciate it!

Oh Kirstl, I am so glad to hear that you are okay. When my sister was bitten by her cat this past summer, She had to go to the hospital every day for 5 days for the IV drip. I hope you won't have to go through this. Take all you medication and get well soon.

I pray this will never, ever happen to you again, but now you know what to do if it ever does.

Take care and (((((HUGS)))))

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Wow! A IV drip??? My doctor gave me a shot in the butt and a weeks worth to take by mouth... Did have to go back in 2 days to let him see it wasn't red or anything....

Had to prove he had all his shots???!!! Did you tell them you had shut Mason poor tail in the car door!! Geez! They should have some understanding here... Poor Mason!

No job is complete until the paperwork is done..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Whew! Glad to hear you are ok. I was really worried about you!

Laura's Babies- I told them the whole story! I said I deserved the bite, it was my fault. Mason got hurt and I got bit. The shelter called me and said I have to keep him inside for 10 days (which is fine...he's an inside cat) and they're mailing me something that I have to take to my vet and the vet has to send back to them!!?? Whatever! I thought they were going to come take Mason...there would've been a MAJOR problem there!!

They just have to be sure he doesn't have rabies .... that is a major concern with cat / animal bites. The 10 days' quarantine is standard for rabies testing! Don't worry, everything will come out ok and you'll keep your hand!

I'm sorry you had to go through all of this, but THANKFUL you took the advice and went to the ER!

(((HUGS)))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I have to go back to see the doc today...I'm leaving in an hour. I may have to have another IV drip, but we'll see! My hand is doing a lot better. Thanks all for your prayers! I think they worked!!

Good luck Kristl. More prayers on the way.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh Kristl I'm so glad you got this taken care of now instead of later. I am surprised they are giving you IV since you went in so early. I just got scrubbed clean, x-rayed (to make sure no tooth broke off in my arm), tetnus (sp) shot, and super dooper anitbiotics that made me sick for ten days! They did want to draw blood but I drew the line there and left. If mine had not showed improvement by the following day then I was going to have to do the IV thing.
    Of course I live in Podunk and went to the local hospital instead of one the bigger city hospitals.
    They turned us into the Health Department so they could make sure Goo had his shots and that we healed ok. I imagine they are starting to wonder about us because a few years ago hubby had to go to the ER because of Sammy. he had to get stitches and had a vein punctured. A few years later here comes a new report on his wife!! When hubby got it they actually came to the house but when I got it they left a phone message, I never got the chance to call back, and I never heard from them again. Like I said, I live in Podunk!
    Glad you and Mason are ok!

Oh Kristl I feel your pain, been there , done that too, they are very painful for sometime and nothing to be laughed at for sure, glad you got treatment and quickly, luckily we donot have Rabies in NZ, but they still can be serious regardless.

Take much care and I hope the pain eases soon, hope your Paw is, better too Mason.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just got the tetanus shot this time around after spending 3 hours there!! Oh, well. The doctor was amazed at how fast it had gotten better. Good thing I heeded all the advice, huh?! Well, things are back to normal, except I have to stay on the meds till they're gone! This is the 4th time in 2 weeks I have been to the doctor...first I had an ear infection...then my messed up knee got messed up again...then the kitty bite...I have to go to my regular doctor tomorrow for a knee x-ray! I AM FALLING APART!