Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sad News for the Pet Talk Community

Oh......such a loss of a warm, crazy, imaginative individual with endless talent and dreams, passing so much on to so many. The stories could not be created by anybody else, they are so amazing.

The loss is great but the memories will be strong, forever. My heart goes out to Randi for your loss. How it would be wonderful to create a book from all of his writings, to carry on the torch so few had, that wonderful imagination. ....

God Bless.
    Snowyowlcat

Dear all!

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this thread and for the wonderful flowers you sent for John’s funeral – and the beautiful basket of flowers to my home. I have read the messages little by little, they have helped me a lot during these past weeks, and also the e-mails you sent. I’m sure your thoughts and well wishes have made it a little easier.

I have not yet been able to respond, I’m feeling totally drained, and I miss John SO much!! It has been so very hard having to decide how to do all the things so fast. I wanted to it all the right way. These past weeks have been a nightmare!

John had SO many friends, people from 20-30 years ago still contacted him, he was always there to lend his friends things and had time for chat. I don’t think there is anyboby who was loved more, and by everyone.

His son and I have been very busy arranging all the things concerning church, undertaker and a spot for John at the graveyard. The priest we chose is 2 years younger than John and an “old hippie” We talked the first time for 2 hours in his home next to the church. I felt a little better after that. John and I used to cycle past this church quite often, we didn’t like the outside that much, but inside, it was beautiful. John used to like to visit Cathedrals in Spain and liked that kind of music.

When we went to find a spot for him on the graveyard across the road, we had a few rows to choose in between, and as I had almost decided, I went around to look once more. Then I saw the name of a very good friend of ours, on a gravestone, who died 3 years ago and the one next to it was free, so we chose that. He will be next to his old friend. I did put a little something in his pocket, which I’m sure he wanted to have with him.

John’s sister & BIL came over from England also, it was nice to talk and just be together.

Fister misses John a lot too, he just can’t understand it. I have put John’s undershirt on his duvet as he usually lays on, but he keeps looking for him when he hears a sound from outside. In the evenings, he sit and look at his pillow. I’m trying to cope as best as I can for his sake, trying to play more and cuddle, but he doesn’t come up in bed during the night much.

John told me that a few days before he died, Fister came under his duvet that morning 3 times, while he was reading the newspaper – he usually only came up once.

I’m trying to keep things as normal here as possible, I can’t handle any changes right now. I watch the same programmes on TV,,John and I used to, and having Fister in bed next to me, helps a little.

Thank again for all your support, I can’t tell you how much it means to me!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Randi,
    I am glad that you finally responded...
    I've been so worried....

Please know that You have a Friend who is Thinking and Praying for you & Dear Fister and Pjeves

I know that John is watching out for you too....

Big Hugs,Dearest Randi!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Oh dear Randi.............it is so good to hear from you.

You are well loved here.

HI, Randi!!

*BIG* {{{HUGS}}}!!

We're here with you - visit whenever you need some comfort...

Here's a <*Skritch*> for Fister.

With Love,

s/s Phred & the FurKids
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh, Randi, we are so glad to hear from you again. The decisions that need to be made can be completely overwheling, and I am glad that you are getting through it all.

One day at a time, and we will be here for you each and every one of them. I am glad that, even if Fister doesn't quite understand, he at least has you there to help him, and be his human.

The burial place you picked seems perfect, near a church you both loved, and next to a dear friend. It couldn't be any better than that.

I am glad friends and family were able to gather and help you, and we'll be here for you!

Randi....reading your post has brought tears to my eyes. I'm hurting so much for you and Fister right now...I just wish I could take your pain away.

I am glad, though, that you have the love and support of family and friends around you. Even though we are so far away from you, just know that our healing vibes and prayers are on their way to you.

Hang on Randi...I know it's going to be a rough ride ahead but you will never be alone.

[[[HUGS]]] and much love
    slick xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Randi, I am glad to hear from you.

I know it's a hard time ahead, but whenever you need us, we're here.

Give some kisses to Fister.

HUGS

randi...i'm so sorry...i lost my mom at 63 and my brother at 38, and it was so hard, it still is, there isn't a day that goes by(i'm having trouble typing this, i'm crying so hard) that i don't think of them, memories and photos help a lot and let there be a little comfort in the fact that you now have an angel on your side...i wait tables and when ever i see the number 63(mom) and 38(bro) i think they are with me and it's strange, but i see those numbers an aweful lot...godbless you and fister, have faith and hang in there....

Oh Randi, I'm so glad you responded. I know it's hard, but even just this little gesture of reaching out will help you. Please come back often and feel all the love flowing through these posts to you.

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Randi, It's so nice to hear from you. I know that you're still devastated and it will be a long time until you feel better but just remember that we all love you here so please come back and post when you can. Please take care and give Fister some extra scritches for me.
    {{{{HUGS}}}}

Randi, I'ts so wonderful to hear from you. I know that you are going through hell right now but know that we are all here for you. Lots of us know how you feel. We will be here for you whenever you feel like it!

(((HUGS))) Randi
    It was so good to see you post. We are here for you whenever you need us!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randi, it's great to see your post.

Know that we are all thinking of you.

From Decker with Love

Randi,

It really is great to see you post. While we've all missed you, our thoughts, prayers and hearts are with you.

Please take care.

((((HUGS)))),
    Kelly xoxo
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...