Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sad News for the Pet Talk Community

I picture John sitting on a grassy knoll of a meadow next to a brook at the RB, surrounded by the animals waiting for their humans, keeping them company and regaling them with stories about the Pet Talkers he had come to know. Somehow all our RB kids find out about John and rush to join him and get their share of his attention. Kind and caring, he sees that all are specially treated to fun and games, pets and hugs. John, our very own ambassador to the RB.

Losing John from our community is sad enough. Knowing the pain that Randi is experiencing is more than I can wrap my mind around. There have been such thoughtful comments in this thread that there is not much more I can add, other than I am so, so sorry.

I intend on going back to read the threads of John's which I have missed. He will not be forgotten at Pet Talk.

Dear Randi,
    I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. All of us who got to know John through his postings will fondly remember him for his wit and kindness.
    My most sincere condolences, you are in my thoughts.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Since Sara called me yesterday I am at a loss of words.
    Dear dear Randi, I am so terribly sorry. I still cannot imagine to speak of John in the past. I am so happy I met him not just online but also in real life and Siegmar and I had been looking forward to meet him more often. He was a gentleman in the true sense.

Randi I cannot think of what it means for you and Fister. I hope I can be of a little help.

Love and one thousand hugs.

Barbara and Siegmar

I got an email from Randi this morning and she wanted me to relay it to you all.

Thank you Debbie! I can't tell you how I feel ..... John is the only one I need to comfort me, he was the BEST at that in such situations.

His son and I are going to talk to the undertaker this afternoon, we had a 2 hour talk with the priest yesterday. He is very special, a kind of an old hippie type - very calm. I felt better when we left.

The service will be on monday at 13.00 - Charlie's Bar after. His sister and BIL will be coming on sunday from England, I'm trying to help them find a decent place to stay. They're prepared to stay for a week.

I need to sort out flowers and so many things and which psalms.

The phone has been ringing constantly, I have problems breathing. I don't think I know anyone in the world who had so many friends as John. People from 30 years ago still contact him, he was so helpful to everybody.

Fister misses him bad, he still lays on his duvet on his undershirt. I try to comfort him. yeserday we played with his favourite ball of wool.

At the moment is good getting mails from everybody.

love,
    Randi

And also, a clarification on the timing. It's so hard because of the time change to figure out what happened when, but Randi says:

Just to let you know, Debbie, I saw karen's thread. John died tuesday morning around 10.00. His pulse went down quickly - to 18, and they turned the machine off. I will tell more later to the ones who want to know.

He was breathing partly monday night, with help from the machine.

Love,
    randi

So she has seen the thread but I'm not sure how much time she had to read it in it's entirety. As you can see, she is quite busy, and seems to be coping as well as can be expected, and poor Fister already misses his dad.

Randi, when you get around to reading this, know again that we are here for you and will do whatever we can to help. I wish we could all be there in person....

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    I wish we could all be there in person....
    Oh Debbie, I wish we could be there too. Randi needs a huge group hug.

Thanks so much for letting us know how she is. I've been thinking about her since the moment I read this thread.

(((HUGS for Randi)))
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Thank you for sharing Randi's email with us, Debbie.

{{{HUGS}}} Randi....you and your family will be in my daily prayers.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    ... I've been thinking about her since the moment I read this thread.
    Me too

{{{{{Randi}}}}}

Oh, Randi, we love you, and will be here for you when things settle down again. Poor Fister, missing his Daddy, tell him he's not alone, okay? I'll go edit my original post to correct the timing.

I'm wondering......

Was there an organization or a charity that John was passionate about? I'd like to make a donation in his memory.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Karen, I had thought about the possibility of a day or even a 'moment' (few hours) of silence on Pet Talk in honor of John. This would mean NO POSTING ... which for most of us would be a great sacrifice, and therefore a special time to reflect on our departed friend. Just a thought.

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Tributes to John ~

We're sending a Pet Talk Arrangement to Randi's Howze...
    So Randi and John's Family know we're WITH them in Spirit during their grief, even though we can't be there in person.

We'll "sign" the card from ALL of us... so no one is left out.

Later on, when Randi can make some suggestions, folks may make a Memorial Contribution in John's memory to a fovorite charity or Pet-related organization.

Debbie (T&P's Mom) has a NEW THREAD in General that
    offers a way for Folks to participate in a Memorial Gift.
    Please Visit >>>
    "For John/Randi"

/s/ Phred
    Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 02-10-2005 at 03:24 PM.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Originally posted by slick
    I'm wondering......

Was there an organization or a charity that John was passionate about? I'd like to make a donation in his memory.
    Slick, when I emailed Randi back I asked her for specifics about the funeral and such, so I'm hoping she sends this type of information also. Usually the family will specify that they would like donations sent to XXXX charity in lieu of flowers being sent.

I'll let you know if/when I get the info.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

I do like the idea of a dish garden, as long as it included non-toxic to cats plants. Maybe with a little ceramic kitty in it? Florists sometimes have those ...

Edwina's Secretary was also going to inquire about Randi's wishes for memorial donations, Deb.

Phred,
    as usual you have come up with a wonderful idea. Count me in to participate in any memorial that you and some other PTalkers decide is the right one to send our love to Randi and celebrate John's life.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Phred!!! Your PM box is full!!! I just ordered flowers and started a new thread in General so as not to bog this one down!!!

Waaaaiiiiittt!!!
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012