Thread: How long for UTIs to clear up?

How long for UTIs to clear up?

We noticed Sunday afternoon that Hana (our elder kitty with beginning of kidney failure) couldn't urinate. She's get in the box, squat for a few minutes, get out make a tour of the house and try again. We took her to the vet 1st thing yesterday morning where they diagnosed her UTI, gave her a Baytril shot (I think that was it) and a prescription of 1/2 a pill once a day (I don't remember the name of this antibiotic). I noticed last night that she had peed on our bed (we aren't angry or annoyed in the slightest, she's sick) and this morning we noticed a little biscuit in her box, but nothing like her usual loaves of bread.

I'm just wondering if anyone could give us an idea as to when we might be able to expect to be scooping loaves out of her box again?
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

It's been my experience that when an antibotic was given for 7 to 10 days, within a few days and several doses later things began to return to normal. If you have questions, I would give the vet's office a quick call.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

My Speckles has had several UTI's and she gets a Baytril shot and Baytril pills and with her, it took at least 4 days before I saw any results. Be patient and if you don't see any results within that time, take her back. She may need some other kind of meds. There is also something called a Sensitivity Test and the urine is tested to see which medication will work best.

Prayers going out to your sweet girl.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thank you for your information. I really appreciate it.

It is clear that Miss Hana is feeling much better. She's eating and has resumed sleeping in her normal places. There were no accidents regarding the bed last night either.

She's left a few biscuits for us and they are increasing in size as well, so things look good thus far.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.