Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giz is acting WIERD!!!

Giz is acting WIERD!!!

When I went to pick up my girls, Giz was hiding/sleeping in the bathroom cabinet where she stayed the whole time I was there. I thought that was odd but wasn't concered.. She is not one that hides!

Fastfoward... we are at home. She is hissing and growlning at anything that moves , even me and the few times I have tried to pet her, she has been VERY aggresive towards me. She has went in my bedroom and got on my bed where she has stayed since we got home. Our playful "under the cover" game is no longer playful.... she is going for BLOOD! Anybody have any clue as to what could change a normally funny, playful cat into a aggresive mean little spit fire?? Kevlin and Rhonda are clueless...

I have Wally and Marty still in the main room where all the action is, could that be her problem?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

How old is she now? Is she still a kitten, has she been spayed? Thats all I can think of.

She is just about a month younger than Amy (Amy was a year old in August) and was spayed a long time ago.... I just tried treats and she came running as usual but she was ready to attack me when I gave them to her.. SO strange!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Was she acting normal at Kev & Rhonda's? Maybe keep her separated from Wally & Marty until she calms down, and give her some time alone. If things don't calm down with her by Monday, maybe a trip to the White Coats is needed.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

My thought too QSL... Amy needs to go to the vets for boosters and I was planning to take her in too so this should push me into going ahead.. I don't have to keep her seperated, she is doing that all by herself, HIDING!! She has never hidden before!

My hunch is that she smells W&M on you, and is hoppin' mad about them invading her turf. I'd leave her be for the night, and not even interact with her if she's getting so aggitated to the point of attacking you. She may be just fine by tomorrow.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

I agree with QSL, I would leave her be for tonight. I would think she might just be really upset about the new arrivals. Good luck with Giz! I will pray she will calm down soon... It is no funny having an attack kitty around the house

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

As much as I hated to, I moved Wally and Marty into the other bedroom and closed the door. I hope that'll settle things down with them. Amy was stressing real bad too only she stayed in here and growled and hissed at them rather than hide. Since I moved them, they all have come in here and are sitting around. Giz walks around growling still but at least she is out!

This will be a set back for the boys... Wally was really interacting with Chester and real alert as to what was going on around him without being so afraid.. Man, I hate this for them!!! I don't have TIME for setbacks with the boys!!

Next morning.... That was it! Things are normal now...

I'm glad to hear things are back to normal, Laura! Poor Giz ... give her some extra lovin' from me too!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

That was so weird!! She has NEVER acted like that! I had never even heard her growl before. I am going to keep the door shut for a few days and then try just opening it and see what happens..

Whew! Glad thing are calming down again. Can Chester go in the room to keep Wally & Marty company as he doesn't seem stressed out by their presence? Maybe you need to get some Feliway Comfort Zone plug-ins to reduce stress levels for your gang. It may even speed up socializing for the kittens.
    Author Unknown ~*~

I may try that.. Having to move them out of the main area is a major setback for those boys. Now when you go in the room, they got the fear thing in their eyes again...

I'm sorry about both Giz and the boys..it must be hard on everyone with the new kitties in the house. Good luck!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Aw Laura - as I was reading from the beginning, I had my response ready that Giz was unhappy about Wally and Marty, and now that seems to be certainly the reason. Invaders in HER house

I am happy that she has calmed down but now I know you are frustrated about the boys. Hopefully some scent swapping and not oo much time will be thr answer! Sorry about all this!!!

That must have been very scary to see your sweet girl acting so different!!