Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been doing lots of thinking.. and made a decision!

I've been doing lots of thinking.. and made a decision!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my post the other day. Actually it made me think alot about my life and my pets. I have made a decision which I have no taken lightly either. I have went through alot of pros and cons. I just hope I get lots of support! I do not want anyone believe I'm doing the wrong thing here.

I believe I am thinking in the best interest of Jake and not myself. I have decided I am going to foster him and find him another loving home. I just do not believe right now was the right time for me to add another pet to our family. I need to spend more time with the pets I have.

I would love to foster more pets then Jake though. I am thinking of trying to volunteer for one of our shelters or rescues here. I'm going try and talk to them sometime next week.

I really hope no one thinks I am bad for doing this. But I do believe this is in the best interest for Jake.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I think thats a good decision but I think you should of made it in the first place, it isn't fair for Jake to keep moving families, regardless, I am glad you made this decision

Tina, you have no idea how proud I am of you. It sounds like you're doing a lot for yourself (as you should be!) and making some good choices.

Think of all the animals you can help by volunteering your time. It’s so satisfying to help care for homeless animals. There’s no better feeling than to help one find his or her forever home.

You will feel amazing about yourself for doing this!

Thats a great idea, you could mean the difference between life and death for lots of pets in need.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Tina, I'm very proud of you and you should be even more proud of yourself! You are taking those first very difficult steps to sort your life out and do what is best for you and your pets. Big {{HUGS}} to you for looking inside yourself and doing what is best for you and for all the furkids. It may not be the easiest thing but it is a strong and caring thing you are doing, and what makes me happiest is to hear of your plans to get involved in things that will really make you feel wonderful and good inside. My most heartfelt best wishes for you as you travel this new path .
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I second what Micki and Jess say.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Tina, you've made a very hard, but wise decision. Good luck to you, and I hope things will settle down for you, and your life will be happy.

Thankyou so much for all the support!! I do believe I am going into the right direction now!

yay Tina! I'm so glad you are taking good care of yourself and your animals... I know you'll find Jake the best home in the world ^_^

dogs_4_me, Jake's breeder (sounded like) they were not screening homes at all. Jake could have easily ended up in a very bad situation. I think it's wonderful that Tina is realizing her fault now, and correcting that and doing what's best for Jake while he is still young... now, Tina can find him a great home.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I'm so proud of you too, Tina You've given the situation some careful consideration and made a very responsible decision! I think helping out at the shelter will be great "medicine" for you and do wonders to help keep you occupied, focused and you get your puppy fix to boot I'm sure that Jake will find a wonderful home and you'll be a part of making that happen We're rooting for you friend; hang in there and keep up the good work! Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

That's awesome Tina! Good luck finding Jake a home.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Tina, that's a very lovely thing to do. it had to be hard. good luck on finding Jake a home!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Thanks so much for all the support!! I don't think I could do it without you all!!

Originally posted by bckrazy

dogs_4_me, Jake's breeder (sounded like) they were not screening homes at all. Jake could have easily ended up in a very bad situation. I think it's wonderful that Tina is realizing her fault now, and correcting that and doing what's best for Jake while he is still young... now, Tina can find him a great home.
    I think its wonderful she is making this decision as well. It shows she is a true pet owner that loves her animals, she is making this decision because it is in the best interest for Jake

I've been following your posts and I think you've made a great decision. You have my support 100%!

(((HUGS)))

From Decker with Love