Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thursday # 92- Back To The Beach.

Why doesn't everyone join me on the dog beach? Those of you that have dogs can bring them. We can stay the night and make a bonfire to cook hotdogs and marshmallows. Hope everyone is having fun.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'll be there in a heartbeat, Val. Just let me clean up around here a bit and I'll grab my coat. A beach, a dog, a bonfire and weenies on a stick. Life just doesn't get better than that!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Let me get my Goldwing parked (yes it was so nice today we took a little bike ride) That fire looks great pass the hot dogs please. The sunset is really quite a sight tonight.

Originally posted by catland
    A DOTD sounds yummy - can I have one please?

Hey Richard and Gini - you know all that rain you've had this winter? You took it from us - our snow pack is 29% of normal, the ski season here is a disaster, and we'll probably be looking at water rationing this summer.

Oh fun.
    Geeze, Richard, we Californians get blamed for everything don't we? Look, I probably still have some water left in my basement I could ship to you if you like.

Originally posted by lbaker
    PJM, if you think Richard looks "dashing" in those puka beads, platform shoes and lime green polyester disco suit while doing the Frug... me thinks you perchance have had enough DOTD
    Richard, you aren't going to wear that to the BBQ are you?

What would my neighbors think?

Originally posted by gini
    Richard, you aren't going to wear that to the BBQ are you?
    Just you wait until you see what I've decided to wear at the airport????!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Obviously, the bar has been open for some time and it is completely empty. Oh............you are all at the beach.......I get it.

Lemme grab my flipflops and a towel and I will meet you in a minute.

But first, looks like Richard left some fixins for the DOTD here, so I will just make myself a teeny tiny little Malibu Poo for myself..........hang on, I will be there in a minute.........oh, this drink is so good..............yup, I am coming..............really, save a hot dog for me...........and MOFF........I bet you eat ALL of the onion rings AGAIN!

Now where was I? Oh, making myself a drink, now I remember...........mmmmmm good.

Originally posted by slick
    Just you wait until you see what I've decided to wear at the airport????!!!
    Yeah, but NONE of you know what Richard and I are going to wear to the airport. This time - you are going to have to LOOK FOR US!

OMG Gini I'm choking and spitting here....
    You, maybe, but Richard won't be hard to spot unless he shaves....
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Originally posted by gini

Regarding this question, the only choice you have is to invite them. If they are part of the disaster they have to keep their mouth shut afterwards

Sorry I'm late folks! Are there any of those hot dogs and marshmallows left? Great idea about the beach, just what I feel like at the moment. We have had almost a fortnight (that's two weeks to most of you ) of wall-to-wall sunshine and warm days. Have you any idea how unusual that is for us? - winter or summer! You normally don't venture outside the door here without your brolly!

Barbara! 20 inches of snow since lunchtime? I've never seen that much snow. How are your roads?

Oh and I'll take a drink of the day please.

Wow. Nothing like sleeping on the beach, cuddled up with your special furry friend. What a fun time that was. Now, isn't that sunrise beautiful? I gripe about Florida but we have some of the prettiest sunrises and sunsets around. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. In real life, you have to leave the dog beach at dusk but I thought since this was our world, we should be blessed with a night there. I really would like to do that, though. So, what would everyone want for breakfast besides coffee?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

For breakfast? Black Forest Cake. That's what we got today at the office No kidding.

The sunrise here (DC area) was incredible! BUT.. "red sky at morning, sailor take warning". Let's head back inside the bar before this evening fur sure. Breakfast.. on the beach.. OH, campfire biscuits are a must.. some nice embers from the bonfire. That will be purrfect with my big ol' iron skillet. By the way, if we do get some sleety rain this evening you can use your brollys and brallies I'll just carry along my bumbershoot

**yawn** Good morning....how come I've got all this sand in my hair? What a night that was. Great idea Val.

Breakfast, sounds good. I'm not much for sweet foods though but could sure use some eggs bennie, hash browns and some of Laurie's fresh biscuits.

Karen, I was disappointed this year. My Mom usually goes to a Robbie Burns celebration every year and brings me back some haggis, but this year she had a cold and couldn't go, durn it. Nothing like a good bit of haggis and neeps.
    --unknown

--Polar Express