Thread: Freshflow Cat fountain

Hybrid View

Freshflow Cat fountain

Well, it arrived today, and we got it all set up. It didn't come with any instructions, so I had to figure it out on my own...it wasn't too hard. Thor and Mason love it. I don't think Angel's had a chance to check it out yet, but I'm sure she will soon. Of course the box was way more interesting...

The Found Cats,all love theirs,too,and I got it,for ten dollars,at the Animal Welfare Associaton Bazaar,a Great Place,for Cat Bargoons!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

wow! $10!! that's a steal...mine was $19.99, but still not too terribly expensive!

My kitties all love their Freshflow and seem to drink more water than ever. I am so glad that we bought one - have had it about a year now. Quite a few of the PT kitties have them

would love to see a picture of it

Originally posted by Kristl
    wow! $10!! that's a steal...mine was $19.99, but still not too terribly expensive!
    Ooh! Ooh! I must be the winner! I paid $30.00 for mine. It was a Christmas present to the cats.

I have a question about it, though. Mine makes a gurgle sound when the water gets low and doesn't seem to hold much water anymore. It worked fine when we got it. We changed the filter; are we doing something wrong?
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Originally posted by lady_zana
    Ooh! Ooh! I must be the winner! I paid $30.00 for mine. It was a Christmas present to the cats.

I have a question about it, though. Mine makes a gurgle sound when the water gets low and doesn't seem to hold much water anymore. It worked fine when we got it. We changed the filter; are we doing something wrong?
    I don't think there is anything wrong with yours because mine does the same thing. I know when it starts doing that I have to add water. I found that my cats love it so much that it really increased their water intake which is a good thing! I don't think yours is not holding water but that the cats are drinking a lot more. If it was losing water it would be all over the floor. I do find that I have to remove the pump at least once a week and get the clogged up hair off of the vents. Of course I've got so many long haired cats that it happens quickly for me but you might want to check that if you think it's not working properly. As soon as I do that we are up and running full speed again.

Mine,has stopped working,too,and the water,doesnt flow any more ! HELP!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Mine also needs cleaning at least weekly because of the five cats. The area where the pump is - like CCL said - tends to accumulate gunk and hair. It always makes that gurgling sound when the water is low. I have noticed lately that I have to add LOTS of water each day - I think partly because they drink so much and partly because of the dry air from the heat. That fountain is also a humidifier for the air

If it seems plugged - it likely needs a good cleaning and a new filter. That filter can clog enough that no water can get through. I am having to change mine about every two months.