Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampster help.

Hampster help.

I am going to be getting a hampster eather today or tomrrow. I was just wondering is there anyhting he or she is going to need. I have a wheel, ceder, a lil house for him or her to sleep in and a plastic cage witha a wire lid for him or her to sleep in. I will be getting food along wiht the hammy so I will be gettign that. I am so exited I can't wiat for him or her to come ohome with me! I was also wondering if you all could give me your fav names to name any animal cause I don't know what to name him or her. Thanx so mcuh to those of you who respond to this.
    The Egyptians thought cats were Queens, cats will never let us forget it!
    Dogs have masters, Cats have staff!

You also need bedding - Carefresh is good stuff, made out of recycled newspapers, safe and not scented. Or is the cedar you mention cedar chips for bedding? Gosh, how exciting! I wouldn't pick out a name til you've chosen a hamster - his or her coloring or personality may suggest the best name! If not, let us know, and we'll all, I'm sure, chip in with names!
    I've Been Frosted

We have beding for them. Thanx for the help. I was thinking about using tissue for the beding will that work or will it harm the hampster. I am so exited tomrrow is the big day! I can't sleep I am so exited I love adding new pets to the family you just have to watch out for teh cats! Will my hammy need a friend. Should I get 2 or is one better? Hmm? Thanx for the help

Hi Buddy, and congratulations on your new hamster! But a quick word of advice to your last question...if you get two, make sure you have two sets of supplies, and most especially two cages. Hamsters are very solitary animals and will fight if kept in the same cage. A male and female will get along temporarally, but then you'll have baby hamsters! LOL!

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Make sure you have a cage with enough room for him/her to get good exercise, and I prefer Aspen shavings to cedar. Somewhere I read that they are the better choice...but I have used both.

I know you will love your new hamster. We have two and love them dearly. Let us know what name you decide on, once you have met the new little guy!

We have deced to wait till the next weekend. There has been a murder in the church and we have alot going on with all of that so we figured it would be unfare to bring the lil guy into the house at a time like this. So we are going to wait till we can spend alot of time with him or her. I am so exited though! I have had a hampster in the past, I loved him to death. I can't wait to bring him or her home! Thanx for the help!

hi- i have had alot of hampsters, i have also raised them. One of my favorite names is Bernard cause it sounds like a big dog name and then u look at him and hes so cute and small-let us know what u decide on

Wow... I am very sorry to hear about the murder in your church. Scary...

As for your hamster, you must be so excited! I had one, my sweet Ritz, who died when I was in sixth grade and I still miss him. Hamsters are sweet and adorable and can bring a lot of joy into your life. Make sure your hammy has lots of fresh, clean water every day, and lots of food. Ritz used to hoard his food (he'd stuff his cheeks and go bury it in a corner for later!). Also, I remember the pet store person who sold Ritz to me said that it takes a hamster 3 days to get used to his new surroundings and that you shouldn't try to pick them up until those 3 days are through. My little sister decided not to listen to this advice, and the next day she reached in and got bitten. I, on the other hand, gave Ritz 3 more days to get accustomed to his new life and when I reached in for him, he was a perfect little sweetie! So my advice is just let him be for 3 days. Keep us posted on how it all goes! I am so excited for you!

Hi my name is Taz (a hamster!) Hope u got lots of treats cause you know how much we love treats!!!!!! my fav name would have to be Taz! cause dats my name!! As soon as you pic i hope u will post it!! my humans are so slow we still don't have our scanner up but if you are wondering what i look like i like 8/22/01 wich is my b-day 2!!
    *Shelties, Tabbies and golden hamsters Rock!!!!*

Hello my name is snickers and my mommy (Dog lover5678)Has raised me good Oh and make shure to get a water bottle for the cagee I have a good name for a hampster Stuart Little Well Nicolle came down now gotta run................................
    c:/documents and settings./aaron/mydocuments.DCP_0007

i think it's better to use wood shavings rather than tissue coz your hamster might end up eating the tissue.my hamster's a syrian satin and she doesn't use her wheel at all.

I got him today! He is so cute. He has long but yet still short hair. he is like a sandy type of color. He is so cute I still don't know what to name him please keep comeing with the names. thanx a bunch Nikki and her new Pet

I hope you will enjoy him! How about "Sandy" for a name? Our last boy was Rusty because he was rust colored. So original....I know!

Have fun!!

Congratulations on your new baby! My hamster was that color too, and his name was Ritz. How about, since he is sand colored, naming him after your favorite beach?

Make sure you have a cage with enough room for him/her to get good exercise, and I prefer Aspen shavings to cedar.

Thanx Logan for giveing my hampsters name. I named HIm aspen after the ceder. Thanx to everyone for putting in there opionins! So Aspen finally has a name. He is sweet and I am so happy I got him! Tahnx to everyone for there help.

Guys I am so upset! My hampster is biting people now and I dont' kwno why. He bit my sister but has never bit me. I still trust him but I don't want to be bit by him.I still want to have him but if he bits I am afreid I will have to give him away. Please any help on this?