Thread: Riding again

Riding again

Looks like I'll be going riding again for the 1st time in quite a while in about 20 mins. I fell off a while ago, my horse spooked into a full gallop then stoped and went the other way. I flew into the wall and my back hit the ledge. It HURT, i couldn't even really walk after, when i 1st hit the ground i though i had broken my back, cause i couldn't move. After about a month, i stopped riding. I'm chicken to go back but i'm trying anyway, i hope the same horse too.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Good for you!!! Hope this time it's a smooth ride. I know how much you love to ride. Let us know how it goes!! Fingers crossed!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks Sandra :] It went a lot better then I thought :] Once I got back on I wasn't really nervous anymore, until John pointed out it's winding and to shorten up the reins because they could spook. I got over it thankfully. I rode Dino, (the horse that threw me) and hope to get comfortable on him, once I get that, I'm sure I'll be good as before. I can't believe I can still post!

So glad to hear you got back on again Several years ago I fell off a horse - not bucked off, just fell off. Tried to keep the horse from going in the barn by hanging on to the barn roof - I slid right off the back end. What a long way down . Never did get back on - I love horses, but I prefer to admire them from the ground

YAY! GOOD FOR YOU!!

I'm going riding this afternoon ~ quite nervous too!
    I'm tryin' out for the equstrian team!!

Purrley, thanks. After I fell off I told myself to get back up, but I was in so much pain I couldn't really do it. The next week I rode a different horse, so maybe thats why I never did get back into it. All I know is my butt is very VERY sore. You never know, maybe you'll get back on someday too! I like just watching their grace too, so I know how that is

Zippy, do you own a horse?? good luck with the team!

Audrey, I'm so proud of you for getting back on!! I'm glad it went well. Stick with it!!
    Zippy, you're probably napping right now but good luck with the team! I would love to get back into riding but I can't afford ti right now! SOMEDAY...

Jennifer, thanks! I'm hoping I do stick with it this time. I love horses and riding. It's a lot of work riding, I forgot it was that much work. I guess i'm out of shape :[ Oh well, gonna start going out on the weekends and help John around with stalls or w/e needs done. Hope you get back into it someday too!