Thread: Maude

Maude

At the shelter where I volunteer, I've been taking care of Maude-she, her brother and momma are still there after several years and was considered a permanent resident. We found out less than a month ago that Maude had lymphoma. The vet gave her less than three months to live. We've been cooking special meals to tempt her appetite since then, since she wasn't eating well.

Today, the volunteers found that Maudie had thrown up a great deal of blood. The shelter manager took her to the vet and they said the cancer had spread much quicker than was expected. The only thing the vet could do would be to make her comfortable, but there was no hope of anything better. The decision was made to end Maude's suffering.

RIP Sweet Maude! Say hello to Peach - she'll show you the ropes.

Thanks to all the volunteers for taking care of her and to JoAnn (shelter manager) for continually caring so much for these wonderful creatures and letting her heart be so open to pain each and every time some difficult decision has to be made.

Re: Maude

RIP Sweet girl!

----<---<--<{(@

3. Oh sweet, sweet Maude!

You are pain free and have all the food you will like now that you are at the RB! Everybody cares so much about you! Give us a sign that you are so very happy!

R.I.P Maude

How heartbreaking . I am so sorry, Maude was a gorgeous girl. Play nicely at the RB dear Maude.

Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Just look at the beautiful facie. The RB has certainly gained a beautiful angel pup. RIP sweet Maude. You were loved here on earth.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Rest in peace, sweet gentle Maude. You are happy and healthy at the bridge now, no more pain for you sweetheart.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

What a beautiful girl you were, Maude. Play painfree at RB now. Hugs to you all.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)