Thread: Sil is getting rid of her two pugs.

Sil is getting rid of her two pugs.

My sil has decided to find new homes for her two pugs. Tabby and Toby are both black and tan. Toby is around 16 months old and Tabby is around a year old I believe. She wants $350.00 each obo and is located in Ft Wayne, Indiana. I figured I would post this here since there are so many animal lovers on this site and I would like to see them get a good home. Both pugs are female. Thanks

Why is she getting rid of them?

$350!?!?!?!!?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Why is she getting rid of them and why are they so expensive? Kay, we said the same thing at the same time. BYB? Also wanted to add that dogs aren't merchandise and shouldn't be treated as such.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I asked how much they wanted for them and that is what they said because they have akc papers. They moved into a new trailer and Toby tore up some stuff and my brother is making my sil get rid of Toby because of that. She is really attached to Toby and since she has to get rid of Toby does not want to keep Tabby.

If I were you, I wouldn't say any more. That is not a reason to get rid of a dog. Chances are, time hasn't been spent with them to train them. And if she's "so attached" to him:
    1. She certainly wouldn't be trying to get a bunch of cash for them.
    2. She would look into why he tore up things and get help/training for the dog.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

They will just end up selling them in the paper. BYB no both dogs are female. This was just my attempt to find an animal loving home for them that would treat them as a member of the family. I don't want to see them in someones hands that will breed them or worse.

Now in case anyone is getting a bad idea in there head about me, I will say I do not support byb or puppymills or anyone trying to sell a dog for a quick buck. Unfortunately in the end it really is not up to me where the dogs go.

That's so sad! Contact Pug Rescue, they may be able to help, but probably won't fork over the $350 dollars for them. Are they spayed? I'd suggest that before they selling them, so they do not end up as BYB or puppymill dogs! Any chance on more training/crate training the dogs or the husband? Has she tried contacting the breeder from whom she got them? If they have AKC papers, the breeder's name should be there ...

I'm sorry that your SIL has to get rid of her dogs. I think spending some time on training is a better answer, but that is not my place to decide.

If I were you, I would try to convince them not to sell the dogs for sucha high price. I would recommend they contact Mighigan Pug Rescue, or another rescue group and surrender them to someone who is used to finding new homes for dogs, so, that like others have said, they do not fall into the wrong hands and become puppy machines.

I absolutely love pugs, and wouldlove to have one, but 3 dogs is enough for now. I hope they find good homes

I have been telling them to take time to train Toby but apparently they haven't since this happened. I could talk till I was blue in the face and in my honest opinion it would do no good, I know how my brother is. Yes, they know the breeder well since it is my cousin. I hope they find them good homes also. I am sorry if I upset anyone by posting this.

A good breeder will always take back their puppies/dogs no matter how old or for what reason. That is if your cousin is a responsible, ethical breeder. No one in their right mind is going to pay that much to take someone elses problems, especially at this age. (This is a bad comparison, but it still fits: you can't sell a used car for the amount you paid, so why does she think she can get her money back with these "pre-owned" dogs?) Papers are just a birth certificate, not a guarantee of quality, health, temperament, or genetics. I'm not directing this towards you LuckyDog, I understand you are trying to do the right thing for the dogs which is obviously more than your sil is doing. This is just what you need to be expressing to you them.

I agree with DDM, if she was so attached, she wouldn't care about money, she would care about finding them good homes. She shouldn't give them away for free (except to a rescue), but she shouldn't expect to get $350 each either. Try to bring her down on the price and then post this in Dog General. If she is willing to give them to rescue, contact a Pug rescue or post this in the Dog Rescue section. And yes, they need to be spayed before they go anywhere.