Thread: Web Developer Question

Web Developer Question

How do you add 'shopping cart' type menus in a website? Is there a program you can add to Dreamweaver?

Would it just be a form with Java?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hmmm.. I use Dreamweaver here at work. I don't think it's a function of Dreamweaver.

If you actually want to sell something from a website I believe you'll need to develop a database.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Kelly, we this is exactly what my class is about now. I don't know if you can do it in dreamweaver, but I do know there are companies out there that have all the software and you just need to put in your data. I can't think of where to find them off the top of my head, but I know we just discussed "pre-packaged" shopping cart software so I'll go back and see if I can find some good links.

Or, you could Google "shopping cart software" or something like that. Try Googling e-commerce too.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OS Commerce is what we used. Free program. Active users group with lots of info. Not the easiest program but it's pretty good. You can check out our shopping cart at www. bandpasses.com.

I'll ask Justin when he gets home, he does that stuff all the time.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

OS-Commerce is a good option if you want to add a full-featured store to your site (or turn your site into a store). But it will require a database, PHP support, and a little technical know-how to get it up and running. It may be overkill for what you need. The url is http://www.oscommerce.com/

If all you want to do is add some sort of "buy" or "pay" button to your existing site, I would sign up for a paypal account at http://www.paypal.com. It has many features to easily add that type of thing to your site, no matter what you're setup is.

You guys are great!! THANK YOU!!!

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Wow, wasn't that nice of Justin to join, just so he could respond to Kelly's question!

Now we need to have MORE posts from Justin. We are kinda short on male input here.

Justin - WELCOME to Pet Talk and thanks!

fghoieks Guest
    Have you found anybody to solve your problem? I have a very good developer in my area https://areacodes.net/678. He can fix remotely a lot of things without a problem. You can get in touch with him and discuss all the nuances over the phone. If you are still interested, let me know. I will give you all his contact details. But I cannot post this info here, only in private correspondence.

Quote Originally Posted by fghoieks View Post
    Have you found anybody to solve your problem? I have a very good developer in my area https://areacodes.net/678. He can fix remotely a lot of things without a problem. You can get in touch with him and discuss all the nuances over the phone. If you are still interested, let me know. I will give you all his contact details. But I cannot post this info here, only in private correspondence.
    You need to look at the dates of threads - this one is over 15 years old!
    I've Been Frosted