Thread: dry cleaning.

dry cleaning.

my puppy step on his own urine and shit sometimes.. can i mix bicarbonate soda with water and spray him with that solution to clean him up? i don't want to bathe him everyday. but he is smelly.

unusual behavior

most dogs will take steps to avoid contact with their own excretment. Wonder if puppy has so gotten use to the smell, that it no longer considers it offensive?

You can spot clean the affected areas with a mild commercial doggy shampoo/water solution (e.g. Hart's Oatmeal shampoo- pleasant smelling). Or you can use something more potent in its ability to cover the smells, and for that matter clean. A good example here would be Nutrogena Tar Shampoo. Since the puppy is stepping in it, either is not going to hurt if used to clean the paws and legs with the puppy's excretment on them.

In general you should avoid full bathing more than a couple times a year, unless a specific skin condition calls for it to be done.

P.S. The Nutrogena tar shampoo is excellent to get deer doo-doo off a dog after it rolls in it. It will remove oils from the skin, so not recommended for problem skin dogs.

reei ,

How large is the area where the puppy is kept? Do you spread
    newspaper around for the pup to pee on? Maybe the area just
    needs to be cleaned more often to keep him clean. I would use
    plain, mild soap & water to clean off the paws.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

my colleague taught me to wipe my puppy's body with salt solution. water with a little bit of salt.. she says will kill germs.
    i usually let my puppy run around the house when i am around and crate it when i am not around... he will potty on the crate's tray, taken out.
    but.. after potty, he didn't leave the place fast enough. so will get some smell.

How big is the crate he's in? It should be only big enough for him to lie down in comfortably. You may need to partition it off if it is a large crate. I know Bull will not potty in his crate because he doesn't want to lay in it. Also, when you're home, take him out every hour and praise him when he goes potty outside. This is the advice I got and it truly worked like a miracle!