Thread: Could this be a setback?

Could this be a setback?

Bull poopoo'd in his crate! I am now absolutely terrified to put him in his crate while I am gone for fear it'll happen again and he'll think it's ok. There is only enough room for him to lie down comfortably in it, and he sat up so he didn't have to lay in it. I hope this isn't a setback...he's only 7 wks. old, and on Mondays and Wednesdays I am gone from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM. On tues. and thurs I am gone from 9:30 am until 2:45 Pm , but I have 1 and 1/2 hours for lunch so I come home and let him out. I hope this incident didn't set us back any. Please give your thoughts. Thanks, Kristl

Maybe he was just not feeling well that day. Continue as you are but keep an eye on it. They sure don't like to poop in their crates if they don't have to.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

3. Another problem with Bull..LOL Just kidding!

Your crate should be big enough for him when he is grown up...so that he can stand up turn around and lie-down easily...thats why you need to put a blanket of some sort where he lies and just in case of accidents put a puppy pad in there or just leave one area with nothing on it...that way if he goes its not bad but, its also easy to clean up..hope this helps!

his crate is HUGE, but is has a divider panel. Those potty pads are a great idea, but unfortunatly Bull like to chew on them and drag them around! I was just worried b/c I had heard that if a dog goes potty in his crate it could set back the potty training for months! Thanks.

5. Hes not doing that on purpose. dogs dont pee and crap where they sleep. he hasnt learned to control his 'call of duties' yet is all. be patient.