Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 Cats found in van after traffic stop!!!

60 Cats found in van after traffic stop!!!

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...050119NMROS10260 Cats Found in Van After Traffic Stop

ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - A routine traffic stop Wednesday led to the discovery of more than 60 sick and hungry cats in the back of a moving van driven by a 71-year-old woman.

Mary Jane Lyle pleaded not guilty to multiple counts of animal cruelty at a court appearance. She was being held in a Chaves County detention center.

If prosecuted, the charges carry possible prison time.

An officer pulled over the van because one of its taillights was out. While the officer was talking to Lyle, he heard noises coming from the back.

``Our officer heard a cat that appeared to be injured in some way,'' said police spokesman Robert Giles.

Lyle said she had a cat. But when the officer opened the back of the truck, he discovered 63. Two of the cats were dead and the others were ``in various stages of health,'' Giles said.

The cats were turned over to local animal control officers.

Police said Lyle was traveling from Minden, Mich., to Tucson, Ariz.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I saw this on the local news last night. They've started testing the cats and found that most of them tested positive for FIV. The people at the humane society were saying that the majority of the cats will have to be put down.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Old or not, it is still animal abuse. How sad! I hope that she regrets what she did, even if she thought she was doing the right thing

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I also forget to mention that the lady will be charged with 63 cases of animal cruelty.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

That's what happens when "hoarders" collect pets. They THINK they're doing the right thing by taking them in, when in actuality, they're hurting them by not getting them medical attention.

Sad but so true.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Its so hard to know if she really didn't know or not. You never can tell what people's intentions are.

Its so sad all those cats have to fall victim to her lack of education.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Those poor babies.I'll bet the 2 that died..died a horrible death too.Noone should take a pet unless they can handle any medical crisis that may happen with them.Everything is expensive and it is a lot of responsability to care for even just one pet.This lady was not thinking straight.Too bad she didn't get help from someone before she decided to move all of them.There are tons of people that just don't know how to care for animals.It is so very sad
    They probably didn't have any water either

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

OMG.. what a story. My jaw actually dropped when I read that. TWO DEAD??? In a van??? Horrific.

What a heart breaking story. I'm so glad that officer pulled her over and found that horrible mess. Imagine the life the cats that survived would have had.

Those Poor Cats,and its sad,that some people,are deluded,into thinking,that they are helping Stary Cats,and they are having Cats,that they cant care for,or really do anything for!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    How horrible! I wonder if the cats died from heat in the van, or lack of water etc? What the heck is wrong with people?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

How sad.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Things like this just break my heart.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thank goodness she was stopped and the cats were found.

Even if they have to be moved to rainbow bridge at least they won't suffer no longer and that lady can get the help she needs.

If there is any justice in this world, she'll be banned from owning pets for life.

How very very sad.